Product Manager, Swag Fintech
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About the role
This role will spearhead the delivery of our payments products and features within Swag by Employment Hero. Employment Hero’s Swag Superapp is revolutionising the way people get paid, spend and save with new automated payments solutions and bespoke discounts and cashbacks on everyday purchases.
As the designated Product Manager, you'll lead our Swag payments squad to execute the product roadmap and deliver clear results for our users. You’ll be an integral part of our Swag Benefits & Payments Product team consisting of Designers, Engineers and Product experts. We’ll champion your development and challenge you to be bold and ambitious.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Product Management & Delivery:
- Responsible for the delivery of the product vision and its success
- Translate the product vision and roadmap through to delivery, operation and continuous improvement
- Monitor and adapt the product vision and roadmap as constraints are identified, whilst staying true to the product vision
- Apply a strategic mindset to user story prioritisation and delivery
- Continually maintain a prioritised backlog of user stories
- Balance business goals, stakeholder expectations and customer desirability with what can feasibly be delivered (technically and within available time and budget)
- Represent the customer and business in decision-making prioritisation during release and sprint planning
- Able to identify, filter and prioritise customer complaints and feedback
Collaboration and Team Management:
- Collaborate with designers and product leadership team to plan, undertake and input results of testing and performance measurement into future release and roadmap planning
- Collaborate with our Product Designers to ensure we deliver best-in-class designs, and create appropriate user stories and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with Technical Architects and Developers to ensure the product vision and designed solutions are feasible and viable
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop launch collateral with the aim of educating and sharing Product’s vision with customers and prospects alike
- Collaborate with Professional Services and Support teams to create rollout and implementation plans for existing customers
- Concisely explain ideas, issues or project status to key stakeholders and the wider organisation at an appropriate level of business or technical detail
- Ensure product requirements are gathered accurately and are communicated transparently to the product squad
- Be able to host, conduct and articulate presentations to the whole organisation, including C-level execs, as well as corporate partners and external customers
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in product ownership or management
- Proven success working with development teams using agile (Scrum preferred)
- Able to write well-defined specifications to clearly communicate expected product outcomes
- Track record of being able to critically analyse data samples and produce sensible insights to fuel product initiatives
- Able to challenge expectations and question the status quo on a day-to-day basis
- Hungry, creative, enthusiastic, and data-driven with a diverse skill set
- Experience validating ideas and generating user feedback through different customer research methodologies
- For bonus points (this isn’t a requirement!) - you’ve worked in B2C marketplaces, payments or FinTech
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Something looks off?