Product Owner, Growth
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
We're on the lookout for a standout Product Owner to complement our existing team and fulfil our product growth strategy. This role will see you join a progressive company at the forefront of HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits, Employee Engagement & Performance technologies, with the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us.
You will be an integral part of our Product team consisting of Designers, Engineers and Product experts to deliver our product strategy that is aligned to our company vision.
Product Ownership & Delivery
- Responsible for the delivery of the product vision and its success.
- Translate the product vision and roadmap through to delivery, operation and continuous improvement.
- Use data-driven insights to inform decision-making and identify optimal impact areas.
- Continuously experiment and test new growth initiatives to optimise and improve the product.
- Monitor and adapt the product vision and roadmap as constraints are identified, whilst staying true to the product vision.
- Apply a strategic mindset to user story prioritisation and delivery.
- Balance business goals, client expectations and customer desirability with what can feasibly be delivered (technically and within available time and budget).
- Represent the client, customer and brand in decision-making prioritisation during release and sprint planning.
- Assist client product owners and client product managers during prioritisation sessions.
- Able to identify, filter and prioritise customer complaints and feedback.
Collaboration and Team Management
- Collaborate with designers and product leadership team to plan, undertake and input results of testing and performance measurement into future release and roadmap planning.
- Work with our UI Designer to ensure interface designs appropriately meet the wireframes, user stories and acceptance tests.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects and Developers to ensure the product vision and designed solutions are feasible and viable.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop launch collateral with the aim of educating and sharing Product’s vision with customers and prospects alike.
- Collaborate with Professional Services and Support teams to create rollout and implementation plans for existing customers, while tending support tickets as the SME.
- Concisely explain ideas, issues or project status to key stakeholders and the wider organisation at an appropriate level of business or technical detail.
- Ensure product requirements are gathered accurately and are communicated transparently to the product squad.
- Be able to host, conduct and articulate presentations to the whole organisation, including C-level execs, as well as corporate partners and external customers.
- Undergraduate qualifications (Business Systems, IT or Engineering disciplines preferred).
- Minimum 3+ years relevant work experience as a Product Owner or in product management.
- Able to write well-defined specifications to clearly communicate expected product outcomes.
- Proven success working with development teams using agile/scrum methodology.
- Track record of being able to critically analyse data samples and produce sensible insights to fuel product initiatives.
- Able to challenge expectations and question the status quo on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience working with big data (Is a plus!).
- Hungry, creative, enthusiastic, and data-driven with a diverse skill set to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Have strong communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Possess excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about data and product management.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you**