Engineering Manager (Fullstack, .Net)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion.
Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About the Engineering Manager job:
As a team leader, you oversee the development and modernisation of the Payroll system in Australia and New Zealand. You work closely with Product Owners to create a technology roadmap that aligns with your customer's needs in the region.
Your main focus is building and maintaining a team of highly skilled software engineers who are dedicated to delivering high-quality software. You cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement to ensure that your team stays up-to-date with the latest technologies and practices.
As a responsible team leader, you understand the importance of people management. Therefore, much of your responsibilities involve hiring, onboarding, and developing engineers, conducting performance reviews, and providing career development opportunities. You also prioritize team building and maintaining team morale.
In addition to managing people, you also play a hands-on role in the technical aspects of the project. This includes designing and architecting software systems, writing and debugging code, and testing and deploying software. You work closely with other engineering teams and stakeholders to ensure that your solutions are integrated and aligned with the overall business strategy in Australia and New Zealand.
Ensuring the quality and security of your software is a top priority for you, and you take all necessary steps to make sure your solutions are high quality and secure.
To be a success you'll have:
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering leadership role
- Experience in leading teams of software engineers in the development and delivery of complex software systems
- Experience in working with Product Owners and other stakeholders to define requirements and deliver solutions
- Experience in building and maintaining a high-performing team of engineers
- Experience in creating a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strength in stakeholder management and/or influencing both technical and non-technical people
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, valuing pragmaticism
To stand out in your application, you might also have:
- Experience in the Payroll domain, or other compliance focused industry
- Experience in leading a team of engineers in a fully remote environment
- Strong with monoliths, experience in microservices or cloud native applications
- A history of tackling some big hairy problems, with an attitude of looking at the mountain and wanting to climb it
Some of our benefits:
- Remote-first! With flexible working arrangements.
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
- 20 days vacation leave, plus 1 Leisure Rules day a year
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech + a generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- Budgets towards continuing your learning and other generous allowances
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Virtual yoga classes
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
Our team values and embraces a range of perspectives and experiences. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Something looks off?