Intermediate Backend Engineer - Talent Acquisition
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About our Intermediate Backend Engineer roles
Being the heartbeat of our engineering team, we are seeking a number of Fullstack and Backend Developers role who will be developing product features and collaborating with colleagues in design, product and engineering while taking ownership of writing automated tests for your production codes. You will be honing essentials tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails and ReactJS with our cutting-edge technologies and dabble in a wide array of products and features.
As a growing team, we need innovative and passionate Intermediate Backend Developers who will:
- Develop new product lines with new critical features, using our techstack which includes Ruby on Rails, NodeJS within an AWS Cloud environment using EC2 and Kubernetes
- Provide your input into our technical strategy with your squad, including participate in sprint planning
- Develop code for backend environments as an end-to-end backend developer,
- Ensure both your colleagues and yourself are producing high quality code through testing and code reviews
- Share your knowledge with your squad and mentor junior developers
- Collaborate with highly respected Senior Fullstack/Backend Developers, in a high performing and supportive squad
- Show your passion for working in highly complex and technically challenging development
- Enhance legacy features for our award-winning HR tech platform
It would be great if you have (nice to have)
- Experienced or willing to learn the Ruby programming language (we are open for candidates with any working experience of coding language who are willing to learn our technical stacks)
- Experience with microservices architecture, Kubernetes, and Amazon AWS.
- History of collaboration with teammates, mentorship, or technical leadership.
- Your architecture must be well-designed and thoughtful. Our system is complicated, but modern, and require a high level of architecture design to ensure hundreds of engineers can work together with confidence, and hundred of features are delivered at the highest quality.
- Your code must be elegant, clean, and fast.
- Your deployment must pass a series of automatic tests and metrical checks.
- Our observability system and bot army help you responsible for any bugs, data integrity, and performance issues after.
- Great starting salaries for our engineers.
- This is a fully remote position for anyone within Vietnam, we provide your laptop and other equipment to get you set up, plus an allowance for other items to get your desk ready
- We have flexible working time - as most of our developers are based in Vietnam you’ll be working local business hours, Monday to Friday
- Fully compliant with the Vietnam Labor Code, with Social Security based on full salary
- 20 days vacation leave, plus 1 Leisure Rules day a year
- Private healthcare package for you (plus spouse + children)
- Budgets towards continuing your learning and other generous allowances
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018