Senior Software Engineer (.Net)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About the team
Our Partnerships and Payroll team are growing. We're looking for an amazing Senior Software Development Engineer to join us as we scale our products and features and take on interesting technical challenges.
This role will help us continue the development and modernising of our Payroll system, where we're on a journey of moving to a service-orientated and microservices mixed architecture, following our .Net Core migration.
You'll be able to learn from our cross-functional teams, including working with geographically distributed teams. You'll accelerate your career quickly, as we scale our UK-based squad, working with smart people across the UK and APAC, in a fully remote, flexible and casual environment.
As our Senior Software Development Engineer, you'll look after:
- End-to-end development for new and current cloud-based applications, from working on the technology roadmap with Product Owners, designing solutions with your squad, new feature development, through to production, improving/ optimising and maintenance
- Debug and perform root cause analysis for application issues
- Take initiative in recommending improvements to the development process
- Proactively identify application pain points and suggest mitigation strategies
- Perform peer reviews of code changes
- Perform testing of new features/enhancements/bug fixes
- Maintain documentation and help articles for new/updated features
- Provide training sessions for the support team for new features
- Work closely with business stakeholders within an agile environment
- Extensive experience as a .NET Software Development Engineer
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core
- Experience in SQL Server
- Knowledge of the following (or similar) frameworks:
- Experience in NHibernate (or similar persistence or ORM framework such as Microsoft Entity Framework or Dapper)
- Experience in NUnit / XUnit (unit testing)
- Experience in Castle Windsor (or similar dependency injection/IoC framework, such as Autofaq or Ninject)
- Experience in JQuery
- Experience with agile methodologies and test-driven development techniques
It would be an advantage if you also had:
- Experience in AWS Cloud environments
- Experience in the Payroll domain
- Experience in building and / or leading a team of engineers
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues including an annual company trip abroad (Last year we went to Thailand!)
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
★ Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
★ The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
★ Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
★ Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
★ Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
★ Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
★ GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
★ HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
★ EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018