Customer Experience Designer
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About the role
As a Customer Experience Designer you will play a vital role in driving customer-centric design initiatives to transform our customer journeys, in order to meet the needs of our users. Your primary responsibility will be to gather and analyse customer requirements, provide actionable insights, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and deliver innovative and intuitive solutions that enhance the overall customer experience.
Customer Requirements Gathering
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements for product features, enhancements, and user experience improvements.
- Conduct interviews, workshops, and surveys to understand customer pain points, workflows, and usability preferences.
Data Analysis and Insights
- Analyse customer data, user behaviour, and feedback to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for product optimisation.
- Utilise data-driven insights to propose design solutions that align with customer needs and business objectives.
- Work closely with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, and Development teams to translate customer requirements into actionable design specifications.
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders to ensure a shared understanding of customer needs and design goals.
User Experience Evaluation
- Conduct usability testing, A/B testing, and user acceptance testing to validate design changes and gather feedback from customers.
- Use findings to iterate and refine design solutions for optimal user experience.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the Customer Design Team and contribute to refining best practices for customer-focused design.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Create detailed documentation, including business requirements documents, design specifications, and test plans.
- Generate reports and presentations to communicate findings and design recommendations to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related fields is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer-focused capacity, gathering customer requirements, and delivering customer-centric design solutions to meet business needs
- Demonstrated experience in conducting user research, usability testing, and user acceptance testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey insights and design recommendations to cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Design, and Development
- Solid understanding of Agile development processes and methodologies
- Experience in SaaS industry or similar technology-focused companies is preferred
- Proficient with customer design and user experience best practices and industry standards
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you**