Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Employment Hero are embarking on an exhilarating phase of exponential growth that calls for enhanced coordination and alignment throughout our pivotal incident response endeavours. In this role, you will be instrumental in project managing our most crucial incident resolution initiatives, ensuring swift and effective responses to major incidents while fostering seamless collaboration across the organisation.
Preserving our cherished start-up culture remains paramount as we expand, and this opportunity is not centred around building an extensive incident management team. Instead, we seek a masterful collaborator, a humble and proactive individual with the perfect balance of drive and structure, to spearhead our incident response efforts; and forge strong connections within the organisation while deftly handling critical projects that bring our vision to life.
We are seeking an experienced Incident Manager to oversee and coordinate all aspects of the incident management process, demonstrating leadership in delegating roles, providing clear direction, and fostering transparent communication with internal and external stakeholders. Your expertise in incident prioritisation, resolution, change management, and project coordination will be essential as you efficiently allocate resources, implement long-term corrective actions; and lead the incident response effort with a focus on prompt resolution and seamless communication. You also will have the willingness to work occasional after-hours based on critical incidents, displaying a strong sense of responsibility and dedication to maintaining service excellence.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the incident management process, by acting as the main point of contact during major incidents.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in delegating roles, creating ad hoc positions, and providing clear direction to effectively address incidents.
- Deliver clear and timely communications about critical projects and incidents, ensuring transparency and alignment within the team, and adherence to all Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Act as a liaison to value-added resellers, partners, indirect, and direct customers, by ensuring smooth communication during incident resolution.
- Prioritise incidents based on urgency and impact, efficiently allocating resources for prompt resolution.
- Perform diagnostics, analyse data, and apply remediation measures to minimise disruption and restore service quickly.
- Implement long-term corrective actions to prevent incident recurrence and drive continuous improvement in incident management.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation outlining incident management protocols for reference and future enhancements.
- Participate in the change review process, providing insights and recommendations to improve incident prevention and response.
- Coordinate and lead the incident response effort, demonstrating overall responsibility during incidents.
- Designate and delegate roles, ensuring appropriate team members handle specific tasks during incident resolution whilst acting as the main point of contact for major incidents, providing timely responses and leading throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Minimum of 5 years of Incident Management experience with a strong database background.
- Previous experience in project management and/or change management roles, ideally in the tech industry / SaaS environment.
- Proficiency in using collaboration tools and support systems, such as Asana, Slack, ZenDesk, SalesForce and Jira.
- Strong problem-solving and time management abilities, to prioritise and address critical incidents promptly and efficiently.
- System administration experience in IT systems management essential.
- Proven managerial skills with effective collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Proven ability to design plans with just the right amount of structure, avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy and complexity.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs.
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements.
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!).
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech.
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program.
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you**