Customer Care Team Lead (WA)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
As a Customer Care Team Lead, you will work in the business driving and managing performance to the expectations of the Support Squad across the scope of BAU delivery. You will be supporting the Head of Customer Care and Customer Support Managers in executing and embedding initiatives.
- Recruit, onboard, coach and develop a team of customer support agents by nurturing an environment where they can excel through encouragement, empowerment and meet clear expectations.
- Manage team roster, queue workflow, backlog, escalating priorities, SLA adherence and fifo workflow.
- Weekly and monthly agent and team metric reporting, surfacing insights and solutions needed to resolve.
- Responding to and resolving inbound support tickets, customer & agent escalations, and phone call questions related to the Employment Hero Platform as needed based on volume.
- Triage customer support issues and liaise with the appropriate team (e.g. Product & Engineering) to resolve as needed.
- Champion ongoing process improvement and best practice suggestions to implement amongst the Support team, and providing internal support for the wider business.
- Conduct testing across the platforms to identify user error/system logic and investigate root causes in order to maintain platform knowledge and Support Consultants.
- Driving the responses and resolutions to negative CSAT and NPS feedback to determine root causes of issues, and further recommendations for customer account improvement through Support Consultants.
- Ensure Support Consultants are adhering to ticketing best practices and expectations as set by Support Managers and Head of Customer Care.
- Execute the roll out of initiatives and projects cascaded from Support Managers.
- SaaS leadership experience.
- Experience and SME knowledge in HR and/or Payroll is a plus!
- Exposure to varied industries and business models e.g. owner operated, mid-large, flat structure and complex.
- Proven ability to handle escalations of customers and internal stakeholders relating to SaaS platforms; including technical and service.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, grow and coach teams.
- Previous exposure to roles requiring ongoing internal and external stakeholder management.
- Previous experience in managing workplace disputes, performance management discussions, coaching and delivering constructive feedback.
- Ability to proactively identify individual, team and group areas of improvement for coaching and process areas.
- Exposure and comfortability to work in fluid, high change environments with disruption.
- Problem solving skills with a sound and thorough approach to troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage competing priorities by working autonomously, but requesting assistance where needed.
- Strong, polished verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate between business and technical knowledge/terminology.
- High level of emotional intelligence and maturity.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs.
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements.
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!).
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech.
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!).
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues.
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you*