Team Lead - Platform Configurations
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About The Role
Our Customer Experience Delivery teams are responsible for implementing the Employment Hero platform with customers, and our Configuration Specialists are responsible for working as part of our cross functional teams to drive outcomes for customers during their implementation journey.
The Team Leader manage a team of Configuration Specialists, emphasising clear expectations, guidance, and productivity. They require expertise in the team's subject matter and proficiency in Payroll and HR systems. Customer experience is a priority, necessitating informed decision-making and support for team members.
Responsibilities include guiding and supporting the team to achieve goals and deliver on KPIs, whilst maintaining positive work dynamics. Occasional project work enhances hands-on understanding. The Team Leader reports to the Implementations Experience Manager, working on process improvement and adaptation to the evolving scope of the team, therefore, the Team Lead needs to work in agile, by building new processes and coordinating with the team.
This role encompasses onboarding new employees and their development during the probation period. The dynamic nature of the platform and business demands effective communication, collaboration, task prioritisation, and driving results.
- Working with the other Team Leaders on the distribution of projects among the team, taking into consideration their strengths and workload capacity. Ensure deadlines are met and quality standards are maintained.
- Provide assistance and guidance on customer requirements or issues that occur in the project. Evaluate the performance of team members, providing feedback, setting goals, conducting performance reviews, and recognising outstanding contributions. Conversely addressing any performance or conflict issues promptly and providing constructive feedback and promoting a harmonious working environment.
- Manage and coach direct reports, this includes identifying skill gaps, providing coaching and mentorship, and facilitating learning opportunities.
- Coordinate with other internal teams to ensure smooth operation and communication within EH and with clients.
- Identify and address resource constraints or needs that may hinder the team's success.
- Assist with troubleshooting and client queries & escalations, and coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery.
- Act as the Configuration Specialist on HR and Payroll projects based on payroll best practice (when actively working on a project) :Following requirements of Configuration Specialist role.
- Lead by example, fostering a positive team culture that encourages open communication, trust, and mutual respect.
- Facilitate team meetings, ensuring they are productive, inclusive, and focused on achieving objectives. Encouraging brainstorming, problem-solving, and decision-making within the team.
- Have an understanding in AU/NZ HR/Payroll legislation and our system capabilities for both regions.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining high-quality standards within the team, also ensure the data in our business management systems (e.g. sales, support, project management, time tracking) is accurate and current.
- Responsible for overseeing specific projects or initiatives related to your subject matter area. Ensure that projects or initiatives are completed on time and within scope, and that they meet the EH goals.
- Constantly review and improve our delivery processes, analyse issues, propose solutions, and collaborate in decisions that align with the EH goals.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth and contribute to the development of long-term strategies.
- 5+ years of implementation experience, with particular focus on data transformation and quality assurance.
- 3+ years of managing a team, preferably with some experience managing a remote team.
- A strong understanding of configuration management principles and practices, as well as experience in developing and implementing configuration management processes.
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex configuration issues and technical problems efficiently. This includes troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and implementing effective solutions.
- Experience in detailed collaboration with other Team Leaders, teams and departments to achieve the business objectives.
- Ability to convey complex information to team members and stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner.
- High level of written and verbal communication including stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- Private health insurance, life insurance and more
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
**When applying for this position, please fill out all of the application questions, thank you**