Senior PR and Communications Manager (UK)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 300,000 businesses and 2 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across anywhere in the UK.
What we need
Employment Hero's PR & Comms team is growing! We're seeking a full time PR & Communications Manager with energy, passion and creativity, who will supercharge our public relations efforts in the UK. The UK is a key market for the business and we are investing heavily into building the team here to better support our growing customer base.
Reporting into and alongside our Global Head of PR & Communications (also UK-based) and working closely with our UK Head of Marketing and UK Managing Director, you’ll be responsible for driving growth in our share of voice in the UK market, building brand awareness and our reputation as a market leader.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position
- Execute a localised PR and Comms plan that aligns with the Global PR strategy and company OKRs
- Grow the Employment Hero and Swag brands in the UK
- Grow the Employment Hero Partner Network in the UK (accountants and payroll service providers)
- Be one step ahead of trends and current affairs, always on the lookout for new opportunities to align our purpose to what’s happening in the news
- Develop and issue press releases, thought leadership, topical commentary and case studies
- Proactively handling a variety of communications opportunities, including press enquiries, media briefings, speaking engagements / keynotes, award entries, and customer and partner PR activities.
- Organise and deliver thought-provoking events and campaigns that create ‘lightning strike’ moments across the UK
- Assess and report on PR’s effectiveness and ROI by monitoring earned media performance indicators such as reach, impressions, share of voice and sentiment analysis for the UK market
- Align with other members of the PR Team in SEA and ANZ to share best practice
- Work collaboratively with our Insights Research Manager and global team of Content Writers and Growth Marketing Specialists to amplify our reach.
- Engage with other teams within the UK business, including Sales and CX
- Manage and drive value from relationships with PR Agencies as required
- Proven PR and communications experience (min. 7 years) working with or for a fast growth tech business
- Experience in Business and Consumer PR preferred. Experience in crisis communications is a plus
- Autonomous, motivated and ambitious self starter able to juggle effectively & take ownership of projects - we love someone with hustle!
- Strong relationships with Tier 1 print, online and broadcast media, inc. nationals, tech, business, trade and personal finance
- Confidence to interact and engage with Senior Leaders
- Excellent writing, editorial, grammar and verbal communication skills
- Able to identify emerging content opportunities within the UK’s news cycle
- Confidence in interpreting data and insights to inform or support PR
- Able to confidently balance a localised tone of voice with the Employment Hero brand’s tone of voice
- A creative mind, ready to come up with engaging and relevant brand activations.
- Strong asynchronous communication skills, and will be able to confidently manage a flexible calendar to meet with team members across multiple time zones on a weekly basis (SEA, New Zealand and Australia)
- Confidence in reporting content and campaign effectiveness using tools like Meltwater
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment (things can change quickly at Employment Hero!)
- Fintech experience is a bonus!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Note to Recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that Recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.