People Business Partner
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
As a Business Partner at Eucalyptus, you will build the systems for our team to grow, develop and perform. You’ll shepherd our culture by creating rituals that reinforce our values. You’ll build relationships with leaders and support them to build high-performing, diverse and sustainable teams.
Our culture is patient-focused, collaborative, dynamic and fast paced. Our team members were all the top of their previous cohorts. As a partner to these high-performers you’ll need to be self-motivated, thoughtful and energetic. You’ll draw lessons from your experience to build HR programs that a uniquely suited to Euc. Most importantly, by supercharging our team of builders and healthcare providers, you’ll make a massive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients, globally.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
How do we work at Eucalyptus?
You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the business. Ultimately, people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all, we haven’t challenged ourselves enough.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~250 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: hybrid work set-up, parental leave, wellness benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, and learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious
Euc also offers amazing benefits to our permanent staff based in our Sydney HQ office:
- Employee-only discounts from our portfolio of healthcare brands: Pilot, Kin Fertility, Software & Juniper
- Wellness benefits include Employee Assistant Program and monthly Health & Fitness allowance.
- We have social clubs with budgets that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests!
- We offer each Eucalypt a monthly budget so they can get coffee and catch up with each other
- Euc-wide events that happen at least once a quarter.
- Inclusive parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer.
- We are proud to be a part of Kin Fertility ’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign with raising awareness and encouraging businesses, big or small, to increase their paid miscarriage leave to at least 10 days.
- Euc and Brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Hybrid working environment with 3 days in office and 2 at home.
- Objective - you seek truth through data and use the best evidence to make decisions and advise your stakeholders
- Relationship builder - You’re able to establish rapport quickly, add value and maintain positive relationships
- Proactive communicator - your words create clarity and momentum
- Transparent - you challenge respectfully, share insights freely and own your mistakes
- Passionate - your energy to help people improve their health is infectious
- Resilient - you keep your cool when the kitchen starts to get a little hot (which is most days!)
As a People Business Partner, you will
- Develop and build core People systems and infrastructure. Recent projects include creating a global performance and career framework; and building People data sets and reporting frameworks
- Optimise our Employee Experience rituals, with a focus on driving rapid development, employee engagement and retention
- Measure and report on People outcomes. Use People data to guide decision making around workforce planning, performance management, employee experience, compensation bands, and more
- Resolve complex employee relations issues - including performance management, disputes, complaints
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources or a related field and or relevant experience in a business partnering or P&C generalist position
- Experience in a business partner role/high performance environment (eg. technology, high growth start up, investment banking, consulting, etc)
- Strong business partner foundations
- Previously led project design across one or more specific HR area (eg L&D, Remuneration, HR policy etc)
Something looks off?