Patient Engagement Specialist
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
If you are customer obsessed in retail, hospitality, customer service or sales and want to expand your skills and network quickly - take the leap into a leading startup! We want to hear from you!
The PX (Patient Experience) team is at the heart of Eucalyptus and our brands. The team thrives on making every patient feel uniquely cared for and ensuring our Doctors and fellow Eucalypts can rely on us.
The primary responsibility of the Patient Engagement Specialist is to drive health and business outcomes by providing high quality support to our patients through outbound and inbound phone conversations at all stages of their journey with us. This is a hybrid role with a balance of working from home and from our new office in Sydney CBD.
Healthcare is one of the last industries to experience a digital revolution, and to help earn the right to treat their condition digitally, a human touch can accelerate a relationship of trust. These interactions add depth to the patient experience and enable higher touch healthcare.
You will work alongside our growth marketing team, doctors, nurses, pharmacies and our email/livechant patient support team to ensure each patients unique needs are met.
You will be the voice of the patients to drive product, process and system improvement through collaboration with the wider teams in Eucalyptus.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
How do we work at Eucalyptus?
You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the business. Ultimately, people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all, we haven’t challenged ourselves enough.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~250 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: hybrid work set-up, parental leave, wellness benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, and learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious
Euc also offers amazing benefits to our permanent staff based in our Sydney HQ office:
- Employee-only discounts from our portfolio of healthcare brands: Pilot, Kin Fertility, Software & Juniper
- Wellness benefits include Employee Assistant Program and monthly Health & Fitness allowance.
- We have social clubs with budgets that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests!
- We offer each Eucalypt a monthly budget so they can get coffee and catch up with each other
- Euc-wide events that happen at least once a quarter.
- Inclusive parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer.
- We are proud to be a part of Kin Fertility ’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign with raising awareness and encouraging businesses, big or small, to increase their paid miscarriage leave to at least 10 days.
- Euc and Brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Hybrid working environment with 3 days in office and 2 at home.
- Engage our patients through various interventions to pursue their goals and adhere to their treatments
- Make outbound calls to patients throughout their treatment lifecycle to increase conversion from one stage to another
- Make the complex simple for our patients by solving their problems and handling their objections
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of process documentation
- Assist in summarising patient sentiment, escalating issues and bugs and linking back to the relevant Eucalyptus teams to ensure the continual improvement of our products and service
- Build deep relationships fast with patients to earn their trust
- Be adaptive to the changing needs of Eucalyptus by taking on new responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks from your leader(s).
There are opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale.
As a TeleHealth company, being flexible around our patients schedule is essential for, as such our Outbound team operates between 9am-7pm, 6 days a week. While flexibility for weekend work and rostering between our operating hours will be required, we work with you to find the right balance.
Skills and mindset
- At least 2-3 years of customer facing experience (e.g. real estate, hospitality, call centre, retail, etc)
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills
- Quick thinker, confident and entrepreneurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, and the ability to use a range of tones of voice to interact with customers
- Familiarity with computer skills, or experience with customer service software (prior experience with Mac and Google Suite is a plus)
Bonus points if you have
- Proactive sales experience highly valued
- Experience in the healthcare space or allied services, or a keen interest in health & wellness
- Interest in how digital businesses work and a willingness to learn
Something looks off?