Dispensers & Pharmacy Technicians, Birmingham
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
Eucalyptus (Euc) is a healthcare technology company that dreams, builds and runs digital healthcare companies. We are only a few years old but have already reached hundreds of thousands of patients to deliver them higher touch and higher quality care. We're ranked in the top 5 fastest-growing businesses in Australia.
Now we're in the UK too, see www.myjuniper.co.uk. We are a private (non-NHS) online-only pharmacy service with a focus on weight loss services for women. It's an incredible journey, and we'd love you to join us.
As a Pharmacy Technician or Dispenser, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring medicines are accurately dispensed to patients in accordance with the prescriber’s intentions
- Data-entry of prescriptions and picking/dispensing activities
- Providing advice and support to our patients, where within your areas of competence
- Working with the Superintendent and Clinical Pharmacist to ensure we operate a safe and efficient dispensing service at all times
- Identifying issues and potential improvements in dispensing accuracy and patient safety and raise them with senior colleagues
- Providing constructive feedback to dispensing staff when errors are made
- Carry out accuracy checks (if you are a checker)
- Record and analyse near-misses in the pharmacy
- Monitor your own accuracy and the quality and accuracy of others in the pharmacy team including packing staff
- Own a set of key performance indicators for accuracy in the pharmacy
- Carry out other non-checking dispensary duties as required
You'll definitely have...
- NVQ2 or equivalent for Dispensers, or you are Registered technician qualification with the GPhC
- Experience of working in community, hospital or industrial settings
- Safety focused - you proactively manage risk and maintain compliance.
- Customer obsessed - you are driven to deliver an exceptional patient experience.
- Reliable - we can put our trust in you to deliver high-quality work on time.
- A can-do attitude - incredible attention to detail and a true problem solver.
- Tech literate - we will use the latest digital tools to run a modern, paperless digital pharmacy.
And it would be awesome if you also have...
- Online / distance-selling pharmacy experience
- Technicians: Accredited accuracy checking qualification with at least 1 years’ checking experience
So, why join Eucalyptus?
- We are on a growth journey, in the UK alone - we have gone from 0 to 7,000+ patients in our first year in the UK!
- Work with best-in-class doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the world, and our 4 brands speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs
- Strong culture of work-life balance and supported by flexible working hours
- We are proud to have built a patient-centric platform that provides end-to-end healthcare at scale
- Learn from some world-class marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Oviva, NHS, Atlassian, Canva, Google, McKinsey, Bain, Optiver, Koala, Manual and many many more.
- We offer a competitive remuneration package - including a full sick pay scheme, carer's pay scheme and 5 weeks' holidays (plus Public Holidays too!)
- Fun parties and team dinners so you can bond with your team regularly
- Eucalyptus and brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team
Something looks off?