Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
In 2023, we are expanding our high-touch, high-quality model of care, with a mission to improve the metabolic health and wellbeing of patients through our Metabolic Weight Management Program, both in Australia and around internationally.
We’re looking for a skilled Dietitian to join our team of Health Coaches who deliver exceptional patient care and support. In this role you will be a primary interaction point with these patients that are trusting us to support their health journey.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
How do we work at Eucalyptus?
You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the business. Ultimately, people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all, we haven’t challenged ourselves enough.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~250 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: hybrid work set-up, parental leave, wellness benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, and learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious
Euc also offers amazing benefits to our permanent staff based in our Sydney HQ office:
- Employee-only discounts from our portfolio of healthcare brands: Pilot, Kin Fertility, Software & Juniper
- Wellness benefits include Employee Assistant Program and monthly Health & Fitness allowance.
- We have social clubs with budgets that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests!
- We offer each Eucalypt a monthly budget so they can get coffee and catch up with each other
- Euc-wide events that happen at least once a quarter.
- Inclusive parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer.
- We are proud to be a part of Kin Fertility ’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign with raising awareness and encouraging businesses, big or small, to increase their paid miscarriage leave to at least 10 days.
- Euc and Brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Hybrid working environment with 3 days in office and 2 at home.
In this role, you will help us ensure that our Facebook community of more than 10,000 members delivers an engaging and supportive social experience.
In short, this role includes:
- Working closely with key stakeholders to scope and deliver community initiatives that provide additional value to our members
- Use feedback and insights from community interactions to help improve our services and offerings
- Generating and sharing engaging, high-quality content related to nutrition, weight loss, and health in our community to inspire and educate our members.
- Moderate user-generated content by evaluating the posts, comments and pictures posted by our members and ensuring they meet our community guidelines
- Responding promptly and empathetically to comments, messages, and posts, answering questions, addressing concerns, and fostering constructive conversations
- Collaborating with our health coaching team to ensure the accuracy and relevance of information shared within the community.
- Handling of administrative tasks efficiently, including scheduling and monitoring content, tracking community engagement metrics, and maintaining member records.
- Working in a cross functional and multidisciplinary team to triage, respond and escalate communications from patients to relevant teams to minimise patient safety risks.
This role requires a high level of empathy, the ability to prioritise simultaneous activities and stakeholder management while ensuring attention to detail, and a patient-centric-oriented approach.
You will be interacting directly with real people dealing with real health issues and medical diagnoses and must be able to identify, respond to, and escalate interactions and situations appropriately in accordance with guidelines.
This role will be important to the continued success of Eucalyptus and will filter important information back through the rest of the team so we can continue to improve the value of our program and ultimately, the health of our patients.
While flexibility for weekend work and rostering between our operating hours will be required, we will definitely work with you to find the right balance.
Qualifications & skills
- Degree in dietetics, nutrition, health education, exercise physiology or a related field is preferred
- Demonstrated passion for health, wellness, and supporting others in their weight loss journey
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a natural ability to empathise and connect with others
- Strong social media skills with an understanding of how to create engaging content and nurture online communities.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extremely organised, independent and can work well in a team
- Confident using technology and excited by fast-paced change and creative problem solving
- Passionate about patient experience and thrive on understanding a patient’s problems and finding the best solution
Bonus points for
- Previous experience in community management or strong social media presence
- Dietitian or nutrition qualifications
Something looks off?