Mid-Weight Designer, Software
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
We are on the hunt for a talented designer to join the Software squad. You'll play a critical role in shaping the brand’s visuals, creating and executing campaigns, and delivering work that has a real impact on the lives of Australians.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You'll make a huge amount of work. Three months at Eucalyptus equals a year's worth of agency work. We have the resourcing and budgets to let good ideas thrive, and work isn't watered down by client feedback.
- You’ll work with, and learn from, the best in the business. Collaborating with copywriters, motion designers, video editors, media buyers, lifecycle marketers, and more.
- Your work will make an impact, and you’ll know about it. Working at Eucalyptus you’ll be heavily involved in not just the production of work, but also in helping to measure its success once it is live.
- You’ll make work that benefits society. All of our brands have an immensely positive impact on our patients’ health and confidence.
- You’ll have ownership of a larger part of the creative process at Eucalyptus. Your execution won’t be limited to work that comes directly from briefs. If you’ve got ideas that you think would work in certain mediums, we’ll make them come to life.
Check out some of our recent creative work: https://www.instagram.com/euc.creative/?hl=en
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
How do we work at Eucalyptus?
You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the business. Ultimately, people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all, we haven’t challenged ourselves enough.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~250 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: hybrid work set-up, parental leave, wellness benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, and learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious
- Employee-only discounts from our portfolio of healthcare brands: Pilot, Kin Fertility, Software & Juniper
- Wellness benefits include Employee Assistant Program and monthly Health & Fitness allowance.
- We have social clubs with budgets that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests!
- We offer each Eucalypt a monthly budget so they can get coffee and catch up with each other
- Euc-wide events that happen at least once a quarter.
- Inclusive parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer.
- We are proud to be a part of Kin Fertility ’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign with raising awareness and encouraging businesses, big or small, to increase their paid miscarriage leave to at least 10 days.
- Euc and Brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Hybrid working environment with 3 days in office and 2 at home.
As a Mid-weight Designer in the Software growth team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be a driving force for bringing creative ideas to life
- Provide art direction for all of our content creation, ranging from product shoots to television campaigns
- Design creative and compelling content across a variety of channels, including paid social, email, out-of-home, and more!
- Play an active role in brainstorming sessions and provide multiple design solutions for a given brief
- Storyboard creative concepts and collaborate with our team of copywriters, videographers, and motion designers to bring them to life
- Attend shoots and lead the art direction, this could include set design, wardrobe briefs, grading briefs, or working in conjunction with film directors and photographers
- Evolve & contribute to the brand systems by creating or briefing images, graphics, and icons
- Test, iterate, and evolve designs quickly based on patient feedback & their performance in the market
- Willing to get your hands dirty, ready to learn fast from experts in their craft
- Make the complex simple. We’re on a mission to simplify healthcare, and our content must reflect this
- 3+ years in a similar role at an agency, studio, or startup
- Have excellent design fundamentals including typography, illustration and layout
- A strong portfolio showing a breadth of digital design and showing a proven track record for delivering high-impact creative across various mediums and channels
- You are a doer. An autonomous self-starter who is comfortable with fast turnarounds and tight timelines
- In-depth knowledge and passion for social trends. You live on social media more than you’d like to admit, and you know what makes exciting, engaging content
- A proactive and collaborative approach; you love working with people and people love working with you across channels and departments
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Expertise with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in creative agency or technology startups
- A knack for balancing creative and performance
- Brand design and/or motion experience
Something looks off?