Medical Support Lead, Manila
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical start-up, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
We're looking for an experienced, patient obsessed, metrics driven and people-first leader to lead our medical support team.
The PX (Patient Experience) team is at the heart of Eucalyptus and our brands. The team thrives on making every patient feel uniquely cared for and ensuring our Doctors and fellow Eucalypts can rely on us.
About the role & team
In a short period of time, Euc has become the biggest digital healthcare company in Australia and we have strong conviction that a central feature of our service is meaningful touchpoints with medical support. The primary responsibility of the Medical Support Lead ****to lead a team of Medical Support Associates who are made up of nurses & specialists based out of the Manila.
The team are accountable for resolving patient enquiries related to side effects or general medical questions. Medical Support work closely with our Offerings Team (Product) to run experiments and see what interventions lead to better health outcomes, treatment adherence and increased engagement.
We need a Medical Support Lead who can drive operational excellence, improve patient satisfaction, scale the team to align to our growing business and maintain patient safety.
The successful candidate will be someone who is an inspiring team leader from a clinical background. They will be someone who wants to get into the detail to drive results and understands the trade offs between efficiency, experience & safety. You will need to be good at developing people and operating in a fast moving/changing business.
You’ll report to the Senior Manager, Medical Support and form part of the Medical Support Leadership Team - so you’ll have a heavy hand in determining the strategic direction of the team.
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
How do we work at Eucalyptus?
You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
The organisation is flat and decision making happens regularly and rapidly at every level of the business. Ultimately, people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all, we haven’t challenged ourselves enough.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and experience the growth at one of the fastest growing startups (LinkedIn #5 fastest growing startups in Australia) while we are still small (~250 people).
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating.
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of actual users (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of Australia’s best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
- A share in the company (equity), so you are rewarded for your best work.
- And also it goes without saying: hybrid work set-up, parental leave, wellness benefits, employee discounts, social clubs sponsorships, and learning and development budgets for all of our staff.
- Life is too short to not be curious
Euc also offers amazing benefits to our permanent staff based in our Manila HQ office:
- Competitive monthly salary plus government contributions.
- HMO for yourself and 1 dependent.
- Hybrid work setup to work flexibly from home, and enjoy time in the office with your colleagues.
- Social clubs that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests! Some of our favourites include #kpop-club, #basketball-club, and #euc-kids-club (a great place for parents).
- Fun office parties and team dinners (did someone say KTV?) so you can bond with your team regularly.
- Eucalyptus and brand merchandise designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Become part of one of the fastest growing startups in the APAC region while we are still small in size (~200 people), during a time of exciting innovation and growth.
- Work from Manila and maintain high collaboration with the teams in Australia.
- Drive meaningful impact for tens of thousands of actual patients through your work, helping them live healthier, happier and longer lives.
- Learn from some of APAC’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from successful and disruptive companies such as Atlassian, Canva, Koala and more.
As Medical Support Lead, you’ll be accountable for the productivity and effectiveness of the team you manage. The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Run a strong patient focused rhythm with the team to empower people to deliver excellent experiences
- Ensure an excellent first response time for our patients
- Triage enquiries to ensure they are being handled by the right team
- Lead initiatives that will improve the performance of the team
- Collaborating with the Medical Support Lead in Sydney to oversee our patient safety and ensure adequate coverage across our operating hours
- Training, coaching & organising the team to improve the speed and quality of our work
- Developing strategies to improve patient satisfaction scores
- Advocating for the needs of our patients to the broader business by sharing insights
There are opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale.
As a TeleHealth company, being flexible around our patients schedule is essential for, as such our Outbound team operates between 8am-6pm, 7 days a week.
Skills & mindset
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team
- Registered nurse or pharmacist
- Experience in driving operational excellence
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills
- Quick thinker, confident and entrepreneurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, and the ability to use a range of tones of voice to interact with customers
- Familiarity with computer skills, or experience with customer service software (prior experience with Mac and Google Suite is a plus)
Bonus points if you have
- Startup experience
- Interest in how digital businesses work and a willingness to learn
Something looks off?