Chief of Staff to COO & CEO
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – we’re gonna need all the help we can get…
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new health conditions, we’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
We’re looking for an incredibly talented generalist to bring maturity and structure to our growing global operations. As Chief of Staff to the COO, you’ll design and embed the org structures, ways of working, reporting, and processes that power our operations across many teams - supply chain, services, support, legal, clinical and people.
You’ll support the COO to build a vision for the function and align the teams around the biggest global priorities. You’ll also dive deep, leading or supporting heads of teams to execute on the toughest problems. You’ll receive direct day-to-day mentorship from the COO, get exposure to executive decision making and work one-on-one with senior leaders.
About the role (What you will be doing):
You’ll move between strategy and execution, supply chain and legal operations, analytical and inter-personal challenges every single day.
You’ll work directly with the COO every day to build a pipeline of priorities and execute projects together. You’ll receive one on one mentoring and have the opportunity to shape the thinking of executive decision makers.
The COO’s responsibility is broad, encompassing:
- Global patient facing operations - clinical services, supply chain, customer support; and
- Internal & Leadership operations - legal, risk, people
- Run the executive team’s Quarterly Business Review process, strategy days and offsites
- Work with the COO and CEO to draft All Hands and Board level communications and presentations
A taste of some of the problems you could work on:
- Market Launch: What is the minimum viable process for operations in a new market launch team? How quickly should functions mature and what are the stage gates for incremental process?
- Support: What systems and management structures empower offshore support teams to drive patient retention in local markets? Where do support centres need to be located to support a rapidly expanding global portfolio?
- Supply Chain: What reporting structures will give global leaders visibility into supply chain performance at the right level of detail on the right cadence so we spot problems before they become crises?
- People: How can we make Euc the most sustainably high performing team in the world? What are the HR systems that support this goal?
- Clinical: What systems do we need to ensure Euc provides the most safe and effective programs in the world? How can we scale the expertise of our clinicians to hundreds of thousands of patients?
About you (Who you are):
- 3+ years in a high performance environment, whether that is consulting, banking, technology or a high growth startup.
- Healthcare experience is a plus but not essential.
- Insanely structured — you connect the dots effortlessly and calmly bring structure to ambiguous problems
- Self aware— you know yourself, think deeply about your behaviours and speak about your performance with detachment
- Kind, fair & direct — you always say the hard thing with deliberateness and empathy
- Process person — you build plans and scalable workflows that leverage the skills of the people who execute them
- Team first — you play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back
- Clear communicator — you speak and write simply and persuasively in any context
- Caring — you care about our patients, our people and yourself and you take pains to look after all three
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and fair place to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organisation, fuels innovation, and enhances our ability to provide our patients with a word class patient lead experience. We value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.