Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over $140M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
Read more about our approach to solving healthcare and what we value here.
About the role
We’re looking for a Launch Manager to take ownership, from concept through to delivery, of a key cross-functional initiative on the most impactful and important ventures in the business.
The Launch team consists of a small group of self-motivated, analytical and executional powerhouses, who thrive under pressure to meet ambitious timelines, and in turn, are entrusted with significant degrees of autonomy and the opportunity to rapidly develop their skills and career. The team works directly under one of the founders (Chief Strategy Officer), and is hyper-focused on launching new business-defining ventures.
Right now, that venture is global expansion. In the last 15 months, we have transitioned from operating in a single market to successfully operationalising across Australia, the UK, Germany, the Philippines, and Japan (launching soon!). We have set our sights a further 3-5 markets in the next 12 months, and are looking to expand our team to ensure we are able to deliver on our ambitious roadmap.
As we expand and complexity in the business increases, there will be launch opportunities such as new brands, markets, partnerships, payment models, conditions, products, processes or distribution channels. In the past, these roles have been the training grounds for leaders who would eventually become country managers, product leads and brand founders.
What you’ll do: Some of the key responsibilities while we focus on International Launch
- Conduct market evaluation, sizing and primary research (through expert and partner interviews, and fieldwork) to build conviction in the business case for Eucalyptus to expand its patient base into new geographies
- Find, evaluate, sign and onboard a range of commercial and operational partners to help us deliver our end to end patient experience
- Scope, plan and execute an end-to-end patient experience that is localised to the unique challenges and needs of each market, including laying out the optimal business model, speccing out engineering builds required, conducting end to end user testing, managing the stakeholders and inputs you need from across the organisation and setting up the product for launch
- Build and align others to a cross-functional workplan, ensuring that ambitious timelines are set and met
- Support the sourcing and end-to-end recruitment of key roles in new markets
- Build and onboard day 1 team for a new market, and help them execute and scale through the first 90-180 days of operation ($0-$10m ARR)
About you (Skills and experiences)
- 4+ years in a high performance environment eg. MBB, investment banking, law, tech or a high growth start up
- A skilled problem solver, with a bias for action: Robust analytical capabilities & attention to detail, with the ability to synthesise findings, draw out insights and execute on recommendations. However, strategy is simple, achieving it through flawless execution is what’s hard. Maintaining momentum will require good judgment and acting quickly within a fast-paced environment.
- Manage many things at once, and thrive under pressure by leaning into discomfort: Strong ability to prioritise, take initiative to manage a project end to end and communicate what’s important to key stakeholders. You understand what’s required to move mountains and uncertainty is your sweet spot, as it’s you understand that through experiences, there is where significant personal growth to be found.
- Ability to influence without authority: Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills that can be applied across organisational levels, countries and cultures. However you also understand how to establish systems, and structures that drive accountability cross-functionally across a number of stakeholders - up, down and across - and you’re not afraid to give feedback kindly, fairly and directly if it others need to hear it.
- An ownership mindset - if not you, then who: We’re still a small team and there will be blurred lines between roles. We will all need to pitch in to get the job done. This includes being ready to help others, motivating the team and prioritising what will move the needle, regardless of task or team. You feel empowered to chase after ambitious outcomes, and have the willingness to do whatever it takes to solve the challenges in front of you because ultimately you feel responsible and accountable for their delivery.
- Ready for the international adventure of a lifetime: Open to meaningful periods of travel at short notice - potential for weeks or months at a time at short notice. Fluency in multiple languages is a significant bonus - especially Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, and Portuguese
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.