Medical Assistant // Medizinische Fachangestellte, Germany
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the team
Our PX (Patient Experience) team is at the heart of Eucalyptus and our brands. The team thrives on making every patient feel uniquely cared for and ensuring our prescribers, nurses and fellow Eucalypts can rely on us.
This is not a traditional support role, with opportunities to continue applying your medical knowledge, learn about different areas of a growing scale up and be involved in product launches, onboarding new patients, and building processes and tools to help us scale.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
- Responsible for onboarding new patients, proactively resolving patient tickets and making outbound calls to ensure we consistently deliver products and services above patient expectations
- Work closely with our pharmacy, nurses and prescribers to ensure patients are informed and receive their orders in a timely and convenient manner
- Be the first to see or hear back on patient sentiment - share patient pain points, escalate issues, fix bugs and ensure the continual improvement of our products and services
- Support building, implementing and ongoing maintenance of process documentation
- Be part of the founding team in Germany - you will have a big role in shaping the culture
- Be adaptive to the changing needs of Eucalyptus by taking on new responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks
About you (Who you are)
- At least 2-3 years of experience working as a medical assistant, customer support or sales role, with a proven track record for identifying opportunities to improving patient interactions
- Bi-lingual in German and English - speaking and writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and has ability to adapt tones of voice to interact with customers
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled with computers, or experience with CX software (prior experience with Google Suite and Zendesk is a plus)
- Drawn to fast-paced working environments, with a strong bias to action and ability to take initiative
Why you should join Eucalyptus
- Say goodbye to night shifts - At Eucalyptus, being flexible around our patients’ schedule is essential, as such our team operates between 9am-6:30pm, 7 days a week. While flexibility for weekend work and rostering between our operating hours will be required, we work with you to find the right balance.
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong, you’ll get to work amongst people who care deeply about our patients and you’ll be given ownership to tackle unique problems as part of a supportive team.
- We move at incredible speed - you’ll work with teammates who build in the open, helping us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver at speed. The feedback loop between idea, execution and impact is fast! You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning, we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Your career and personal goals will be accelerated - you’ll tackle ambiguous and impactful problems. You’ll get honest feedback frequently, helping you improve faster than you could have imagined. Given the rate of learning, we believe in more frequent review cycles (every 6 months) compared to traditional organisations.
- You’ll get access to generous Employee Discounts & Free Merch - we love merch at Euc so expect lots of it as well as employee discounts across all of our brands
- We have fun along the way - from our global team events, monthly socials and perks of a new office in Berlin, Potzdamer Platz - there’s always something new!
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.