Strategy Lead, Japan
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About The Role
We’re looking for a ‘smooth operator’ that speaks fluent Japanese and English to lead our end-to-end operations in Germany. This is a rare opportunity to have full P&L responsibility and lead a cross-functional team to execute on our ambitious growth targets within the region by delivering high-quality patient experiences. The role will draw on strong product and operational background, as well as the ability to react effectively to quantitative data to prioritise commercial decisions.
We are a young company with experimentation as part of our DNA. We frequently iterate to conviction with a strong hypotheses-led culture. The whole company sets quarterly OKRs and has the ability to rapidly shift gears in response to new insights, or changing market conditions in order to deliver on our company-wide objectives. It is critical for us that you share these philosophies, are adaptable to change and comfortable with solving for ambiguity.
We don’t just talk about customer-centricity, “patients first” is a core company value and we work closely across our marketing, product, medical support and clinical teams to deliver high-quality health care to our patients. In 2023, we have ambitious plans to expand our operations further in Europe with the core objective of levelling up our core healthcare infrastructure, investing in greater personalisation and delivering higher touch services and support for sustained health outcomes.
Join us to be a critical part of our growth journey here in Japan! 🇯🇵
So, why join Eucalyptus?
- We are a rapidly growing company with a mission to provide high-quality care to millions of patients worldwide.
- Work with best-in-class doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and medical professionals from all over the world, and our 4 brands speak to different people at different stages of their life and needs
- Learn from some world-class marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, McKinsey, Bain, Optiver, Koala, Manual and many many more.
- Offer a competitive remuneration package plus government contributions
- Fun office parties and team dinners so you can bond with your team regularly
- Eucalyptus and brand merch designed by our very own in-house creative team
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Build and manage a local team to support our growing patient base in Japan
- Design and lead patient centric operational initiatives which will result in an exceptional partner pharmacy network, continuously improving logistics and fulfilment process and world-class health practitioner interactions for our patients
- Deliver against (and ideally exceed) key operational growth targets by effectively coordinating and managing our operational partners (i.e. pharmacists, clinicians, suppliers)
- Analyse industry and patient trends to track, report and execute with the teams to optimise for growth and shift resources into the right areas
- Lead quarterly country-specific reviews and executive engagement for the wider business within these partnerships to deliver on the growth agenda
- Collaborate and partner on cross-functional projects in close collaboration with our Australian and UK headquarters
About You (skills)
- Be based / Willing to re-locate to Japan - reporting directly to our Chief Strategy Officer
- 4-5+ years in consulting (MBB preferred), investment banking, or start-ups (bonus for prior experience in B2C consumer brands or healthcare)
- Possesses an entrepreneurial and ‘patient-first’ mindset, highly driven to reach the best clinical outcomes for our patients
- Communicates fluently in German and English
- Understand the German and European consumer market - in particular, patient demographics, behaviours and healthcare systems inside out
- Robust analytical capabilities with the ability to synthesise findings, draw out insights and execute on recommendations
- Strong ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects and deliver growth results within a highly ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership skill set with experience in leading cross-functional teams and expertise in running an organisation and structure
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.