Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
Eucalyptus is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile to join our Engagement team. You will be part of a high performing, close knit, 20 person engineering team, that is running with passion at building higher touch, higher quality, healthcare technology that our patients around the world love using.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Eucalyptus, you will:
- Deliver amazing technology products which involves building new features, optimisations and core services across all of our brands.
- Collaborate with a lean team of other high performing engineers and team leads on innovative high impact solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Operations, Growth, Analytics to develop the best experiences for our patients.
- Grow others in the team through the sharing of your ideas, knowledge and expertise.
A taste of some of the challenges the Engagement team has coming up:
- How do you build an engaging mobile app that provides users with a rich healthcare program, serving them video & written content, tracking, support tools, and ways for them to manage their treatment plan.
- How do you draw insights from the data patients track, and create a feedback loop where every time the patient checks in, we are able to personalise the experience more and more
- How do you help our patients set goals, track against these goals, and incrementally improve their health over time.
- How do you enable patients to build communities, with the support of our practitioners, to share experiences, progress, and insights with each other
Who you are:
- 3+ years in a high performance environment, whether that is in a technology company or a high growth startup.
- Experience with the following:
- React Native w/ Expo, Typescript
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Native mobile experience/background (iOS, Android)
- Jest, Cypress
- Experience with the following is advantageous but not necessary
- GraphQL Backend experience (extending the Graph)
- Node, Go, PostgreSQL, GCP, GRPC
- React (Web) experience
- Experience breaking down problems efficiently and building complicated software systems across mobile, web, frontend or backend.
- Hungry to learn and love working with others — you love growing through delivery and learning from your peers
- Team first — you play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back
- Self aware — you know yourself, think deeply about your behaviours and speak about your performance with detachment
- Clear communicator — you speak and write simply in any context
Why you should join
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme