Chief Technology Officer
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
Eucalyptus is looking for a CTO to join our executive leadership team, this is a rare and unique opportunity at a very exciting point of our business growth. You will be the technical voice of the business and lead the Engineering and Trust functions, focused on solving complex technology problems. Our world class health tech platform is constantly evolving to provide the best high touch, high quality patient led experience.
You will be scaling our digital platform features impacting hundreds of thousands of patients beyond Australia, you will work closely with engineers to solve interesting challenges whilst enjoying the privilege of growing and enhancing a high performing culture. You will have a high bar and won’t be afraid of taking on ambitious challenges, rolling your sleeves up where needed.
- Leading, coaching and developing our high performing Engineering team. You will manage engineering leadership, and be responsible for the performance of this team and delivery of high quality technology.
- Your leadership scope will include responsibility for our Trust function. You will oversee IT, Cyber, Security and InfoSec at Eucalyptus to win the trust of our patients and partners.
- Oversee the technical architecture and evolution of processes for these functions with a patient first approach that delivers on our Product vision and roadmap.
- Scale our Engineering function from 15 to 30+ over the next year. We have an ambitious roadmap and need a world-class team to match this ambition.
- Develop a technology vision and strategy that has enormous patient impact and makes Eucalyptus a leading global healthcare company.
- Distills business requirements into a clear roadmap on a yearly and quarterly basis, working closely with the CEO and executive team to ensure Eucalyptus achieves it’s goals.
- You will own the technology platform that is built on GCP, NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, React and React Native.
About you (Who you are)
- You have had at least 2+ years of Engineering leadership experience in a VP or Head of position leading high performing team and managing leaders.
- You have a strong software development background. You’ve managed complex technical projects, can design effective systems, and have recent hands on coding experience.
- You’ve grown an engineering function from startup to scale up and experienced the challenges of maturing a team through rapid growth.
- You are data driven and obsessed with user impact. You thrive thrive in ambiguous and multi stream environments.
- You've partnered with Product and cross functional leaders to make difficult tradeoffs and scoping decisions.
- You have experience scaling a product globally or have operated in a regulated space.
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.