Sourcing & Operations Associate
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
We’re looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our world class Consumer Healthcare team. The Consumer Healthcare team is responsible for researching, ideating, developing and launching the best personalised product solutions across our 4 brands, delivering them to our patients within a seamless omni-channel universe across multiple markets.
As the Sourcing Associate reporting to the Retail Operations & Business Development Lead, you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving and owning all sourcing initiatives for consumer healthcare products at the trade unit level; including but not limited to:
- Conducting desktop research to ensure the sourced products meet required specifications, e.g. GS1 barcode verification, TI/HI pallet configuration, trade unit dimension ratios
- Negotiating for the best cost, quality and service when sourcing the products, e.g. MOQ price breaks, lead times
- Effectively tracking and communicating the status of sourcing initiatives to key stakeholders
- Building relationships and working effectively with both internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of sourcing initiatives
Sourcing Process Management
- Managing the first purchase order for all components of a new consumer healthcare product; including but not limited to:
- Internally setting up new suppliers, in collaboration with our Planning team
- Coordinating and driving the first purchase order to successful completion, in collaboration with the supplier and our Planning team
- Tracking and communicating the status of the first purchase order to key stakeholders
- Managing the master data for consumer healthcare products at the trade unit level, and their suppliers; including but not limited to:
- Creating, maintaining, updating and deleting relevant data as required, e.g. supplier codes, supplier locations, supplier lead times, ITF-14 barcodes
- Proactively working to improve data integrity
- 2+ years experience in a commercial, supply chain, product or project focused role
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage projects end-to-end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of contractual agreements and the ability to work with our suppliers to achieve the best outcomes for EUC
- Strong relationship building skills and a partnership approach to supplier management
- FMCG, Retail and New Product Development exposure is desired
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.