Patient Engagement Specialist
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you'll be doing)
The primary responsibility of the Patient Engagement Specialist is to drive health and business outcomes by providing high-quality support to our patients through outbound and inbound phone conversations at all stages of their journey with us. The PES team thrives on making every patient feel uniquely cared for and ensuring our Doctors and fellow Eucalypts can rely on us.
Healthcare is one of the last industries to experience a digital revolution and to help earn the right to treat their condition digitally, a human touch can accelerate a relationship of trust. These interactions add depth to the patient experience and enable higher-touch healthcare. We are looking for a seasoned sales professional to set the standard of greatness and rapidly learn, iterate and give us conviction on patient engagement best practices.
You will be the voice of the patients to drive product, process and system improvement through collaboration with the wider teams in Eucalyptus, including our growth marketing team, doctors, nurses, pharmacies and inbound patient support team to ensure each patient’s unique needs are met.
This is not a traditional sales role, with opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale.
- Make outbound calls to patients throughout their treatment lifecycle to increase conversion from one stage to another;
- Make the complex simple for our patients by solving their problems and handling their objections;
- Assist in improving our conversion processes so that we can scale the engine across the world/to other brands;
- Summarise patient sentiment, and escalate bugs to other parts of the growth team to create a more cohesive patient experience;
- There are opportunities to learn about different areas of the business and be involved in product launches, projects, and other initiatives as we scale.
About you (Who you are)
Skills and Mindset:
- At least 3 years of outbound/inbound sales experience;
- A proven sales track record for capturing opportunities within customer funnels, and improving conversion rates through various sales tactics;
- Great numerical skills in understanding metrics, funnels, and conversion rates;
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, and the ability to use a range of tones of voice to interact with customers;
Bonus points if you have: Experience in the healthcare space or allied services, or a keen interest in health & wellness
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team.
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling.
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme.
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.