Financial Reporting and Technical Accountant
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 5 clinics (Juniper, Pilot, Kin, Software, & Compound) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$160M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
Our head company based in Australia is a large company under ASIC, therefore produces consolidated financial statements annually for external audit and lodgement. We also require regional audits and financial statement lodgements in the UK, Netherlands and Japan. This position involves taking responsibility for the production and compliance of statutory accounts for all group entities, ensuring compliance with global IFRS and local GAAP requirements. The Financial Reporting and Technical Accountant will be responsible for liaising with external auditors, managing the audit process, and preparing all necessary reports and documentation. This role requires strong technical accounting skills, excellent communication abilities, and a high level of attention to detail.
About the role (What you will be doing):
- Develop and execute the financial reporting operations strategy under IFRS and AASB standards by implementing repeatable and robust processes to prepare IFRS-compliant financial statements.
- Determine and manage timelines for financial statement preparation and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure such timelines are met.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with IFRS through the implementation of robust controls.
- Support accounting, FP&A, and investor relations with quarterly internal and external reporting needs.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare/review technical memorandums that document issues and conclusions in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Implement new accounting standards and practices and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Provide research or training regarding complex accounting issues as and when they occur.
About you (Who you are):
- CA qualified
- 4+ years of experience in external audit (Top 10 firm) or in a similar role in an ASX listed company. First movers from audit encouraged to apply.
- Experience preparing technical accounting papers for complex transactions under IFRS standards
- Experience managing multiple reporting deadlines and engagements concurrently
- Experience managing external audit engagements and relationships
- Experience complying with audit obligations for entities outside of Australia would be considered a bonus
Why you should join Euc:
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme