Launch Vehicle PROCESS ENGINEER (CHEMICAL)
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering department, the Process Engineers purpose is to develop and optimise processes and related infrastructure according to Gilmour Space Technologies requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Establish plant and process to produce materials required for launch activities, such as, Hydrogen Peroxide, Hydrocarbons, Polymers and Ablative Materials whilst adhering to safety legislation and local regulation.
- Manage and optimise cleaning processes of hardware for use with liquid propellant service (Hydrogen peroxide, liquid oxygen, and kerosene).
- Support external suppliers, where required, to improve quality and supply assurances.
- Working with design and manufacturing engineers to develop and optimise production processes.
- Ongoing technical support of plant and process.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Chemistry, Process or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with catalysts and electrochemical production
- Working experience in a processing facility, ideally handling dangerous goods
- Working experience with relevant Australian Standards (AS4326, AS1894)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with working on distillation
- Experience with Hydrogen Peroxide
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?