Launch Vehicle ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - GRADUATE
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Electrical Engineer Graduate
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
To support the Electrical Engineering team in the Software, Avionics, GNC and Electrical department. As an Electrical Engineer you will be required to work alongside engineers and technicians alike, contributing to the research, development, test and delivery of advanced launch vehicle power and electrical sub-systems as well as complex electrical ground infrastructure and control systems.
You will work alongside a high performing team in activities throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, from scoping to design, prototyping, qualification and through to manufacture and through life support. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Work effectively as a junior member of the team under supervision
- In relation to the development of launch vehicle and ground electrical systems (including High Power and SCADA systems):
- Analyse high level requirements to determine suitability and derive appropriate requirements and sub-system design criteria
- Conduct technical analysis, trade studies, design and sizing of solutions
- Design, write, test, deploy, and debug software and perform hardware integration
- Perform computer-aided design (CAD) of electrical harnesses
- Prepare and participate in development reviews, analysis, troubleshooting, modifications, and repairs
- Support integration, installation, and system verification through the development of manufacturing, assembly, and test procedures
- Research and engage with potential suppliers and service providers with support from the supply chain team.
- Ensure engineering activities and documentation are conducted in accordance with Gilmour Space policies, plans and procedures
- Deliver to an extremely high standard whilst maintain efficient high paced output
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1+ years’ experience of electrical system design and test experience (including internships and personal projects).
- Proficiency in Electrical Engineering software tools. For example but not limited to Solidworks Electrical, MATLAB, Simulink or equivalent.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with high performance electrical motors, actuators, batteries and power systems
- Experience working with industrial SCADA systems (design, modification, or operation) and programming PLCs
- Exposure to C/C++, electronics, FPGA’s, and embedded programing
- Exceptional time management, communication, and people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production teams
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?