Launch Vehicles HEAD OF PROPULSION
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Head of Propulsion
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As the Head of Propulsion, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Launch Vehicles propulsion design engineering department to research and develop technologies, design, test and deliver qualified, reliable propulsion systems capable of meeting Gilmour Space launch vehicle performance requirements. Ensure the efficient operation of the department by effectively managing all team members to ensure duties are performed in a timely manner whilst adhering to the Gilmour Space policies and procedures to ensure the highest possible standards.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Lead propulsion system design, test, and fielding from initial concept studies through operational missions
- As delegated design authority, critically review propulsion sub-system designs, structural interfaces, and temperature/pressure considerations in the design
- Manage a team in support of propulsion sub-system research & development, design, test and delivery, including task allocation and identification and implementation of training/mentorship
- Manage department finances to ensure allocated budgets are adhered to, actively identify and implement cost savings and ensure spending is minimised
- Support launch vehicle product development activities through early stage trades and studies through system definition, requirements analysis, verification, operations and implementation.
- Implement effective strategies for managing department work, tasking to deliver against deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Identify and communicate technical and programmatic risks and issues, problem solve mitigations and implement effective solutions rapidly.
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate across all Launch Vehicles teams, departments and company organisations to ensure timely and effective execution of responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 8 + years of experience in a relevant professional engineering setting (excluding internships)
- 5 + years’ experience in a managerial capacity
- RPEQ (or ability to obtain) with aerospace and or mechanical areas of engineering
- Deep technical understanding of propulsion system design, test and analysis
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience in Systems Engineering
- Exceptional financial, schedule and task management
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- CPEng (or ability to obtain) Aerospace, Mechanical and or Systems Engineering areas of practice
- NV1 Security Clearance
- Practical experience designing, building and testing rocket engines
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain personable and positive working relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?