Launch Vehicles DEPUTY HEAD OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Deputy Head of Mechanical
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As the Deputy Head of Mechanical Engineering, you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Mechanical Engineering with the smooth running of the mechanical engineering department and design and test of an orbital class rocket.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the overall performance of all department
- Assist in the review of mechanical designs, structural interfaces, and temperature/pressure considerations in the design
- Design and verify mechanical and structural systems to meet customer and Gilmour requirements for Gilmour rocket vehicles
- Develop test plans for parts through development, qualification, and acceptance testing
- Support the development and work allocation of the junior team
- Liaise with the Guidance and Propulsion departments as required
- Ability to problem solve and understand complex problems; incumbent must be able to resolve situations that demand solutions.
- Review specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts.
- Organize the timeline and milestone management of the mechanical engineering
- Other duties as requested by Management
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 + years of experience in a professional mechanical engineering setting (excluding internships)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a managerial capacity
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
- Highly developed CAD skills developed through design of parts and assemblies
(Solid works preferred, Inventor, CATIA etc.), or
- Highly developed simulation skills with at least one commercial FEA or Multiphysics simulation package (ANSYS preferred or NASTRAN, ABAQUS, CFD codes, etc.)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team of mechanical engineers
- Ability to manage large assembly models and drawings
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Experience with Matlab, C++, Python and other modelling and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of engineering analysis tools and CAD systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Leadership, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?