Satellites SENIOR AIT TECHNICIAN (SATELLITES) NEW
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Senior AIT Technician (Satellites)
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Assist the Satellites team in the Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) of our launch vehicles. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Building satellites accurately and to a high standard, according to drawings, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Perform post-test operations and inspections to ensure that satellite hardware is flightworthy
- Use precision calibrated tools – e.g. torque wrenches, micrometres, and callipers.
- Make, build, repair, and assemble equipment needed
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of operations
- Hands-on operations with both large and small fragile (e.g. optical) assemblies
- Collaborate with the satellite design team to develop, build and test procedures, and document activities
- Ensure all services are performed safely, to schedule, and in a professional manner
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Operate and maintain specialist hardware such as thermal vacuum chambers and vibration tables
- Manage satellite integration cleanroom
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary education in a technical subject (e.g. Undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering, or an advanced TAFE diploma in electronics)
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Assembly & test experience with high criticality electronics (Satellite or aircraft avionics, Automotive ECUs and control electronics, advanced medical equipment)
- Experience with clean room protocols for the assembly or maintenance of high criticality equipment
- Genuine interest in aerospace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?