Launch Vehicles DEPUTY HEAD OF SOFTWARE, ELECTRICAL, GNC & AVIONICS
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Deputy Head of Software, Electrical, GNC & Avionics
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
To assist the Head of SEGA with the smooth running of the Software, Electrical, GNC and Avionics engineering department to develop and launch an orbital class launch vehicle. You will be required to work with the leadership team to guide our engineers and support the launch vehicle technicians.
By supporting the department programmatics, people leadership and technical direction, you will help steer a high performing team in activities throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, including design, prototyping, qualification, manufacture, integration, verification and operation in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position:
- Assisting the Head of SEGA with programmatic activities, including plans, budgets and schedules
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders
- Coordinating with the Mechanical, Propulsion and Manufacturing engineering departments
- Demonstrating desirable role model traits for junior engineers to look up to
- Assisting supporting the professional development of the SEGA team members
- Assisting with tasking and setting goals for teams and individuals
- Supporting to steer the technical strategy of the department
- Understanding and providing guidance around industry standards and processes
- Review of specifications and other data items
- Support configuration control and data management of SEGA systems
- Supporting System, Subsystem and Unit level engineering activities as per the product lifecycle
- Participate in technical Systems Engineering reviews
- Supporting the production of Launch Vehicles
- Supporting development and execution of R&D projects
- Supporting remote test and launch activities, if required
- To perform the duties of product owner for software services provided by the department
- To suggest and trial new innovative initiatives for the department
- Ability to problem solve and understand complex problems; incumbent must be able to resolve situations that demand solutions.
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics or Software Engineering
- 8 + years of experience in a professional design engineering setting (excluding internships)
- Experience working in the Space or Aerospace industries
- Experience in Electronics, Electrical or Mechatronic design engineering
- Experience in Software Engineering
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
- Highly developed with engineering software tools (Git, Solidworks, Onshape, Altium, Harnessing tools, etc.)
- Maintains or is eligible for CPENG and RPEQ
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics or Software Engineering
- Experience working in both start-up and corporate environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team of multidisciplinary engineers
- Experience as a scrum master or product owner on Software projects
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in Software simulation skills with experience in control systems
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Leadership, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?