Launch Vehicles DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER (LAUNCH VEHICLES)
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Deputy Program Manager (Launch Vehicles)
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new role has emerged for a Deputy Program Manager (Launch Vehicles) to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by supporting the Program Manager and ensuring programming alignment to the company’s strategic and operational objectives. They will assist in coordinating cross functional teams to deliver results against aggressive schedules, tight budgets, in a highly dynamic and evolving environment.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the overall performance of all launch vehicles organisation efforts across research & development, product development, mission management and operations
- As a senior member of the Launch Vehicles organisation, demonstrate, execute to, and uphold a high standard of professional conduct
- Assist in managing schedules, budgets, and documentation for launch vehicle activities throughout the entire product development and operations lifecycle
- Manage and continually evaluate launch vehicle development, production, and operations costs
- Communicate and support launch vehicle objectives and key results and ensure appropriate assignment of resources
- Monitor the progress of external product development and associated activities to ensure risks and issues are managed in a timely manner
- Support regular review meetings with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and communicate status, risks, and issues
- Support the coordination, conduct of presentations, and major system reviews
- Provide comprehensive reporting as required by the Program Manager
- Continually identify improvement for processes, safety, cost effectiveness.
- Work with the Human Resource Department in the recruitment and training of employees
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Sustained enthusiasm and interest in technology and space exploration
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management
- Exceptional work ethic, initiative, attention to detail and ability obtain and retain new information
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to work well in a safety critical, dynamic environment
- Experience working well with multi-disciplinary teams
- Advanced level in Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 10+ years’ experience in aerospace industry
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of program management processes
- Experience in strategy, development, and execution of plans/projects
- Working experience of Requirements Management, Configuration Management, ERP and MES systems
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- The ability to work independently and part of teams
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
- Advance level in Microsoft Office applications
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?