Satellites SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER (SATELLITES)
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Senior DevOps Engineer (Satellites)
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Satellite Department of Gilmour Space is "a startup inside a startup". We are less than two years old and already have a pipeline of missions that will make waves in the Australian space community. As a Senior DevOps Engineer in the Satellites team, you will help us move faster. You will be responsible for integrating our existing software design tools. You will also design, implement, and maintain the software development infrastructure, including build and deployment automation, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, operations monitoring and alerting systems, and applications integration. The infrastructure develops flight software, hardware as well as supporting the ground testing and in-orbit operations of the satellites and missions.
As a Senior Engineer, you will also be responsible for leading and mentoring other DevOps engineers and collaborating with software development teams to ensure that the software development process is streamlined, efficient, and reliable. Additionally, you may be involved in managing the DevOps budget and resources, as well as staying up-to-date with emerging DevOps technologies and best practices.
This is an important and exciting role, ensuring that design teams can deliver satellites using the slickest of infrastructures, while also ensuring that it is infrastructure is secure, scalable, and highly available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Design and implement software development infrastructure, including build and deployment automation, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, monitoring and alerting systems, and applications integration;
- Collaborate with software development teams to ensure that the software development process is streamlined, efficient, and reliable;
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks, such as testing and deployment;
- Manage and troubleshoot production environments, including identifying and resolving issues related to application performance, network connectivity, and security;
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other DevOps engineers and software development teams;
- Ensure that software development and production environments meet security, compliance, and performance standards;
- Develop and maintain documentation related to software development infrastructure and processes;
- Stay up-to-date with emerging DevOps technologies and best practices, and make recommendations for adoption as appropriate; and
- Manage DevOps budget and resources, including vendor contracts, licensing agreements, and personnel
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience in software development or IT operations;
- Experience leading and mentoring other DevOps engineers or software development teams;
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, and cloud infrastructure management;
- Strong scripting skills with languages such as Bash, Python;
- Experience working with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes;
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems administration;
- Experience with source code management tools such as Git;
- Experience with configuration management tools;
- Experience with log analysis and monitoring tools; and
- Knowledge of networking protocols and security best practices
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a startup, or a fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field;
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure;
- Experience with cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation;
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps, both in methodologies and tools deployment;
- Experience with Github Actions build and deployment automation tools;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Experience managing space, scientific, or remote operations and high-availability production environments;
- Experience with compliance and security standards;
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Amazon ECS or Docker Swarm;
- Experience integrating in-house, and SaaS applications such as Valispace, Duro, Ion through APIs; and
- Experience with microservices architecture and serverless computing
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?