Satellites SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (SATELLITES)
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Senior Systems Engineer (Satellites)
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Satellite Department of Gilmour Space is "a startup inside a startup". We are less than two years old and already have a pipeline of missions that will make waves in the Australian space community. We need a Senior Satellite Systems Engineer to support the Satellites department in its goal to become a globally recognised provider of versatile and reliable microsatellites for operational applications. Establishing rapid mission rollout as the new standard for our customers. Help design and build satellites - and the processes for designing and building satellites – for Australia’s most exciting sovereign space technology company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Senior in the Satellites Systems Engineering Team, you will have the rare opportunity to help define how we ‘do’ satellite systems engineering. Forge innovative new ways of designing and building satellite missions that result in world-class results for capability vs. time-to-orbit. As a startup, we can’t provide an exhaustive list of what you will do here, but the following define your primary responsibilities:
- Support the Satellite Department deliver world-class satellite missions through typical space system engineering activities such as Phase 0 and Phase A mission system design, system-level sizing and technical budgets, ConOps planning, requirements definitions etc.
- Support the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager define engineering processes that strike the fine balance between technical quality and speed of delivery.
- Manage and develop less experienced space system engineers.
- Manage the allocation of system engineering effort to multiple, simultaneous satellite development projects.
- Support business development activities through timely delivery of high-level mission analysis work, and contribute to tender responses
- Support Satellite Operations and Development Operations teams where they interface with Satellite Systems Design and Test processes
- Coordinate satellite build and test campaigns with the Lead AIT Technician
- Support the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager with the identification of innovative new technologies and implementation of technology qualification and introduction campaigns
- Support legal and administrative activities related to satellite missions – Launch Permits / Overseas Payload Permits, Frequency Filings, Mission Insurance etc.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Direct experience of at least one satellite mission
- Full mission lifecycle experience
Additional Skills and Experience
You are not expected to have all (or even the majority) of the following, but these are the experiences and skills that will make you a stronger candidate:
- Previous experience working in a space technology startup
- Master's degree or PhD in an aerospace or space subject
- Understanding of ECSS or NASA engineering standards
- Proficiency in one or more high level scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Experience with STK or other mission modelling and analysis tools
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?