Launch Vehicles SPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Gilmour Space Technologies
You've successfully completed your application
Space Systems Engineer II
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Space Systems Engineer II to support our team, who are building rockets on the Gold Coast.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Object-oriented design and implementation in a modern compiled language such as C/C++ .
- Developing prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Build test tools for the development team using any of these scripting or compiled languages (go/python/nodejs/c++)
- All aspects of DevOps, including workflows, data management, application development and service delivery.
- Writing application software for launch, ground and test systems.
- Mentoring of junior engineers and technical guidance for the rest of the team.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualification in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Aerospace or a related field.
- 3+ years in development and programming experience.
- Demonstrated experience with C/C++ and scripting languages (Bash Python).
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems.
- Strong experience with Linux.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligibility preferred.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Experience in bringing your designs to fruition (experience on the job).
- Experience with software architecture design.
- Experience with Docker and containerization.
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, Concourse).
- Experience in system validation and software release processes.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Teamwork, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes.
- Capability to provide technical guidance and reference to the team.
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!
Something looks off?