The next chapter of our growth story needs YOU!
At Go1, we have grown from humble beginnings into the world's largest aggregator of educational content. We give organizations and their employee's access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet. Millions of people are using it to unlock their positive potential.We're endlessly curious, collaborative, and inspired by life-long learning. Although we have different backgrounds, we share the same vision; to reach a billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning.We owe it all to our people. Every win… every idea… every extra mile. They've made us who we are. And there's so much still to do – so much opportunity for you to own. Together, we're on a path to improving a billion lives and a culture where everyone can thrive.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in establishing our data foundations, and be instrumental in moving us towards a data-driven organisation. You will be responsible for delivering reliable and sustainable data pipelines and architecture. Your responsibilities will include partnering with the business and product teams to ensure a consistent architecture is adopted across projects.
What does a Data Engineer do every day at Go1?
You will be focussed on building and maintaining data products (assets), infrastructure and tooling for our most important domains and use cases. Your work will have an impact on not just BI, but also experimentation and the AI models that power our Go1 products.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to define technical solutions to meet business and non functional requirements
- Excellent verbal communication skills- The ability to communicate in a cross-functional team and engage with key stakeholders
- Analysing, designing, development, and continuous testing of our Data processing pipelines, data warehouse/data marts /dimensional models, SQL queries
- Scripting for orchestration, operation and data management
- Managing Azure infrastructure and services
- Supporting Data Consumers in the adoption of our Data Products (assets): Understanding the data, tuning queries, driving the resolution of data issues
- Providing low level performance analysis and optimisation of databases, SQL queries, ETL processes, physical schemas, as well as underlying system and resource utilisation
- Operational support of our systems: Monitoring data pipelines and infrastructure components to ensure they are operating effectively, identifying, and resolving issues that arise, CI/CD, Incident Management
- Driven by requirements: acquiring, manipulating, processing and demonstrating value from large datasets
- Experience with integrating streaming and batch data from source systems
- Strong analytical skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Worked with big data tools and batch processing technologies, inc optimising them (spark)
- Experience in Spark SQL (Databricks), PySpark (Python)
- Experience with object oriented/functional scripting languages: Python, Scala
- Proficient in SQL
- Proven experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with source control and CI/CD
- Experience with testing data from Bronze to Golden Layers
Nice to have - would be considered a big plus, but not a dealbreaker:
- Previous experience in data modelling concepts, like dimensional modelling
- Experience with cloud data platforms (Databricks)
- Experience with Azure cloud services
- Ability to design and implement well-written code
- Experience implementing Data Contracts
- Experience in the development of data models with DBT
#LI SH-1 #LI-Remote
Perks and Benefits
What makes Go1 special? Every one of our employees. When we work together, great things happen! When you join the Go1 team, you not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of people, but you're also supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Competitive incentive plan in addition to salary
- 13th month salary
- Premium annual health checkup
- Global health insurance for you and your dependents, accessible immediately on commencement
- Life insurance
- 20 days annual leave and 11 paid public holidays
- Flexible approach to work
- Monthly Internet and phone bills reimbursement
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub, including LinkedIn Learning
- Professional development fund to invest in education that’s important to you
- 2 days of volunteer leave to give back to the community
- Flexible public holidays - take the days off that are important to you, swap out the ones that are not
- 18 weeks full pay parental leave, plus support for parents returning to work
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site food, barista made coffee and fresh juice
We are committed to facilitating a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.