Senior Accountant, Revenue
The next chapter of our growth story needs YOU!
At Go1, we have grown from humble beginnings into the world's largest aggregator of educational content. We give organizations and their employee's access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet. Millions of people are using it to unlock their positive potential.We're endlessly curious, collaborative, and inspired by life-long learning. Although we have different backgrounds, we share the same vision; to reach a billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning.We owe it all to our people. Every win… every idea… every extra mile. They've made us who we are. And there's so much still to do – so much opportunity for you to own. Together, we're on a path to improving a billion lives and a culture where everyone can thrive.
As a Senior Accountant, Revenue you will play a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely recognition of revenue, compliance with accounting standards, and financial reporting. You will collaborate closely with various departments, including Sales, Operations, and Finance, to analyze revenue data, identify trends, and provide valuable insight to support business decision making.
What does a Senior Accountant, Revenue do every day at Go1?
- Ensure proper and consistent application of revenue recognition principles in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Prepare and review revenue-related financial statements. Including revenue schedules, reconciliations, and revenue forecasts, for management and external reporting purposes
- Analyse complex contracts to assess revenue recognition implications, identify potential issues, and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure proper contract structuring and revenue allocation
- Conduct in depth analysis on revenue trends, including product lines, customer segments, and geographical regions, to identify opportunities for revenue optimization
and process improvements.
- Assist in the coordination of external audits and work closely with auditors to provide relevant documentation and explanations related to revenue recognition processes. Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance revenue accounting processes, implement best practice and contribute to the overall efficiency of the finance function
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and legal teams to address revenue related matters, resolve issues, and provide guidance on revenue implications to business initiatives
- Participate in revenue forecasting activities, proving insights into potential revenue fluctuations and assisting in the preparation of accurate revenue projections
We are looking for someone who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex data and draw meaningful conclusions. You will be able to priorities tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of work quality.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA / CA Designation preferred
- Big Four or nation wide public accounting firm experience
- Experience of using NetSuite accounting system in a SaaS or technology industry company
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principals (e.g. ASC 606) and understanding of GAAP
- At least five years’ work experience in the related areas
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Effective communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels and present financial information in a clear and concise manner
While technical skills are important, it is just as important for us find people who will positively contribute to our diverse culture. We welcome you to apply, even if you don't exactly meet the criteria above.
Perks and Benefits
What makes Go1 special? Every one of our employees. When we work together, great things happen! When you join the Go1 team, you not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of people, but you're also supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Competitive incentive plan in addition to salary
- Up to 15.95% in contributions to – EPF, SOCSO, EI, HRDF
- 14 days annual leave and 15 paid public holidays
- Flexible approach to work
- Monthly Internet and phone bills reimbursement
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub, including LinkedIn Learning
- Professional development fund
- Volunteer leave to give back to the community
- Flexible public holidays - take the days off that are important to you, swap out the ones that are not
- 18 weeks full pay parental leave, plus support for parents returning to work
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site snacks and weekly lunch
We are committed to facilitating a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.