Head of Technology
Goterra is a Canberra based Ag-tech startup company building sustainable solutions to the critical global challenges of food waste and climate change. At our headquarters in Hume, we design and build modular robotic infrastructure (MIB) that uses insects to manage food waste. Our diverse, multidisciplinary team has expertise in engineering, manufacturing, software, electronics, agriculture and biology.
We are looking for an experienced leader who will lead our manufacturing and engineering team with their expert technical knowledge in achieving the goals of the organisation.
- Develop and execute a Technology strategy and roadmap aligned with the organisation's overall growth objectives.
- Utilise your deep understanding of technology to provide strategic guidance to the business and make informed decisions related to system architecture, infrastructure, software development, and more.
- Provide leadership to the Technology team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and results orientation, emphasising accountability, quality and delivery.
- Oversee the successful execution of technology projects across the full life-cycle - from evaluation to deployment and maintenance - ensuring they are delivered to high quality, on time and within budget. Monitor project milestones, identify potential risks, and take proactive measures to mitigate them.
- Employ change management strategies to ensure new solutions are fully-utilised and adopted including by those with non-technical backgrounds.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across departments to understand their technology needs and challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise technology initiatives that align with business goals and jointly design solutions built for long-term success.
- Act as a technology advocate and liaison between the Technology function and other business units.
- Own and manage technology policies and budget.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in progressively responsible technology roles, including 3 years of people leadership experience.
- Strong technical background across a range manufacturing and hardware domains
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Proven experience in developing and executing technology strategies that drive business outcomes.
- Project management expertise, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time and in-budget
- Success as a leader in a fast growing business or business unit
- Cares deeply about building a company for the long-run on growth, product, ethics, and community
- Owned and managed communication budgets with a track record of pacing spend in accordance with revenue targets and other goals
- Experience working with performance strategic metrics
ACADEMIC OR TRADE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, Information Technology, or a related field
Benefits of working at Goterra:
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- We offer a competitive salary, with generous conditions including paid employer parental leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community, the opportunity to take part on our ESOP scheme, and great learning and development opportunities.
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly from women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds