Product Manager - Hardware
We're on the lookout for a standout Product Manager to complement our existing team and realise our technology strategy. This role will see you join a progressive company at the frontline of the Climate Crisis with a first in the world technology that is in market delivering real outcomes for our customers. This role is an opportunity to grow and develop with us as an integral part of our technology team consisting of Designers, Engineers and Trade experts to deliver our product strategy that is aligned to our company vision.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design solutions for internal tools to support the business growth and scale
- Conduct market research and interact with customers/users to understand their needs, obtain product feedback and optimise the user journey.
- Work closely with local and remote teams through Agile methodologies, to solve identified business problems with a focus on delivering results.
- Live and breathe the statistics of the product and ultimately develop plans to grow the north star metric and usage of the product.
- Ability to own a vision and clearly articulate it, the objectives and influence others.
- Collaborate with team leaders to ensure launch readiness and knowledge transfer.
- Combine ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Own the management of the Product Roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Technology, Engineering Manager, and Manufacturing Manager; with vision guidance from the Product Owner.
- Demonstrating Goterra values and tenets.
- An effective and fit for purpose Product Management process that allows for innovation and development that delights our customers and supports the business strategy.
- Ensure successful outcomes for the product across its development lifecycle.
- 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer
- Proficiency with CAD software
- Practical mechanical problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A learning mindset and positive attitude
- A flexible and adaptable nature
- A high level of initiative and be a strong team player
- Great attention to detail and pride in your work
- Experience working in teams and managing components of projects
ACADEMIC OR TRADE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Benefits of working at Goterra:
- Goterra is a leading waste management technology startup that was instrumental in developing national regulation for insect protein production - we’re leading the way in this emerging industry
- Be part of a diverse and multidisciplinary team doing exciting and ground breaking work, alongside people who believe in what they’re doing and are aligned in mission and purpose
- We offer a competitive salary, with generous conditions including paid employer parental leave, welfare packs, leave to volunteer in your community, the opportunity to take part on our ESOP scheme, and great learning and development opportunities.
- You'll have the chance to make a real impact on stopping one of the leading causes of climate change, every day. Literally, we’re doing it right now, as you read this
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from anyone with passion for our mission, particularly from women, veterans, people with disability, the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds