At Gridcog, we are on an environmental mission. A mission to accelerate investment in the clean energy transition. We are energy natives who embrace the complex future of energy by providing holistic software solutions to plan, track, and optimise clean energy projects. We believe the worlds big problems need big nerds to solve them, and with a newly established operational base in the region we need people to join our team to help progress our mission in the UK and across Europe.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Commercial Manager to help propel our growth in the UK and Europe. You will be customer centric and commercially astute and through your role you'll play an instrumental role in driving Gridcog's business growth in the region. You will bring refined business development and account management expertise, an understanding of the UK and European energy landscape and passion for the Gridcog mission.
- Input into and help develop Gridcog’s go to market strategy in the UK, including identifying key growth segments and providing input into pricing approaches.
- Meet and strive to exceed revenue and new customer targets.
- Develop account management plans for key client accounts - building strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders, growing Gridcog revenue opportunities and owning the conversion of pilots into enduring subscriptions.
- Build your personal brand in the UK energy industry by attending events and supporting with Gridcog marketing activity including producing content (e.g. blogs).
- Keep CRM and Deal Sheets up to date.
- Act as part of a team, supporting your colleagues in globally in pursuit of company wide goals.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated success in a business development role in the UK energy industry.
- Understanding of the UK energy market including renewables and flexible generation assets.
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong sense of customer empathy; you build strong and enduring relationships with your customers.
- Comfort in ambiguity - you are a self starter, a team player and thrive in dynamic environments.
Highly Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with some European energy markets.
- Some analytical proficiency and understanding - you understand the kinds of projects our clients are seeking to model.
- Engaging and persuasive writing and presentation prowess.
- Experience working in a startup or high growth company.
- Competitive salary package aligned with experience and skills.
- Opportunity to work in a remote-first business with flexible working arrangements.
- Weekly opportunities for in-person collaboration at co-working spaces in London and an annual whole company retreat.
- Join a high-performing, unapologetic and passionate energy and tech team who are working to tackle significant challenges.
- Engage in a high-trust distributed team environment that values innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Contribute to the decarbonisation of the world's energy system.
- Support for ongoing professional and personal development.