At Gridcog, we are on an environmental mission. A mission to accelerate investment in the clean energy transition. We are energy natives who embrace the complex future of energy by providing holistic software solutions to plan, track, and optimize clean energy projects. We believe the worlds big problems need big nerds to solve them.
We are seeking our first dedicated Bizops hire to join the team to help us streamline and execute our internal processes more effectively. This role will work directly with the CEO, finance function, and our customer-facing teams in Australia and the UK, with an initial focus on customer/sales and talent/team operations.
In relation to customer/sales operations, responsibilities will include:
- Defining and executing internal business processes related to sales, contracting, onboarding/off-boarding, and invoicing
- Producing management reports, including defining KPIs and tracking and reporting on quality and performance
- Managing customer data, including being the internal technical owner of our CRM system
In relation to talent/team operations, responsibilities will include:
- Defining and executing internal business processes related to onboarding new team members
- Running team engagement surveys, including reporting on outcomes and developing action plans
- Supporting other team/talent areas such as co-working access, recognition programs, and swag/gifts
- Organising and running team events including in-person retreats and online social catchups
This is a remote/hybrid role open to candidates in Australia based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Perth, but Perth is preferred because of timezone and the need for some collaboration with our UK team.
This role will suit an early-career generalist with an interest in working in a high-growth startup. The successful candidate could have a commerce, marketing & communications, human resources, or consulting background. Other role requirements include:
- World-class communication and organisation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships in a distributed business
- Ability to work in a remote environment without close supervision
- Ability to define and manage business processes and knowledge of quality management
- High-level of literacy with online communication and productivity tools, including strong technical proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience working in a startup environment, or strong interest in working in a startup
- Competitive salary package aligned with experience and skills.
- Opportunity to work in a remote-first business with flexible working arrangements.
- Weekly opportunities for in-person collaboration at co-working spaces and an annual whole company retreat.
- Join a high-performing, unapologetic energy and tech nerd team to tackle significant challenges.
- Engage in a high-trust distributed team environment that values innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Contribute to the decarbonisation of the world's energy system.
- Support for ongoing professional and personal development