Senior Energy Analyst
At Gridcog, we are on an environmental mission. A mission to accelerate investment in the clean energy transition. We are energy natives who embrace the complex future of energy by providing holistic software solutions to plan, track, and optimize clean energy projects. We believe the worlds big problems need big nerds to solve them, and with a newly established operational base in the region we need big nerds to join us to help progress our mission in the UK and across Europe.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Analyst who will bridge the technical and commercial aspects of our business, working closely with our customers in the UK and Europe, and our data science and product engineering team in Australia. You will bring your expert knowledge of UK and European energy markets and clean energy projects to help drive our growth in the region and become the UK based technical expert in the Gridcog software.
- Be the UK based subject matter expert in the Gridcog software. This means you will be able to propose new ideas for software development, derive creative solutions for clients wanting to model bespoke projects, assist with new feature testing, and contribute to writing technical user documentation.
- Onboarding new clients, providing expert modelling support, and responding to client queries.
- Proactively monitoring client modelling to ensure optimal utilisation of their pilot/subscription.
- Acting as the liaison between data science and the UK/EU commercial team to ensure that Gridcog software development and data science/modelling reflects the expected behaviour in the UK and European markets.
- Staying updated on industry trends and developments across the UK and Europe, and producing a monthly blog article to position Gridcog as a thought leader.
- Providing technical support to the business development team by building relevant demo projects and participating in sales meetings to provide technical gravitas to the commercial team.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- At least three years work experience in an analytical role in the UK or European power sector, this could be in consulting, at a supplier, in trading or in a technical/engineering role.
- Good knowledge of UK energy markets, you will understand different commercial options available to clean energy technologies like solar PV, battery storage, and EV charging.
- Strong analytical skills, with prior experience in tools such as Excel, Tableau, Python, or R.
- Exceptional communication skills with a strong sense of customer empathy.
Highly Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with some European energy markets.
- Technical proficiency in Python.
- Hands on experience in energy project modelling.
- Engaging and persuasive writing and presentation prowess.
- Competitive salary package aligned with experience and skills.
- Opportunity to work in a remote-first business with flexible working arrangements.
- Weekly opportunities for in-person collaboration at co-working spaces and an annual whole company retreat.
- Join a high-performing, unapologetic energy and tech nerd team to tackle significant challenges.
- Engage in a high-trust distributed team environment that values innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Contribute to the decarbonisation of the world's energy system.
- Support for ongoing professional and personal development