Head of Finance and Operations
At Gridcog we are on an environmental mission. A mission to accelerate investment in the clean energy transition. We are energy natives who embrace the complex future of energy by providing holistic software solutions to plan, track, and optimise clean energy projects. We believe the world's big problems need big nerds to solve them, and with a new corporate structure in place, and a newly established operational base in the UK, we are looking for a Head of Finance and Operations to join the team and help progress our mission in Australia, the UK and across Europe.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Finance Leader to join our team in London and take responsibility for Finance and Operations across the group, including our business in Australia. You will have 5-10 years of experience and will be ready to take the next step in your career to join a fast growing technology startup focused on the clean energy sector.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all financial aspects of the group, including financial planning, budget management, accounting and book keeping, revenue operations and sales reporting, payroll, tax and compliance, and financial reporting.
- Manage day-to-day 'back office' operations, both in the UK and through remote oversight of the Australian operations. This includes areas such as finance, human resources, procurement and supplier management, office/co-working space, insurance, and travel.
- Play a key role in strategic decision-making as part of the senior management team. Contribute to the development and execution of the company's long-term strategy and growth, now focused on the UK and Europe, but in the future into new markets.
- Lead, manage, and develop the finance and operations team. Initially this includes direct management of the UK finance operations and remote management of an operations associate in Australia.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements. Oversee risk management policies and procedures, identifying and mitigating financial risks.
- Analyze and report on the company's financial and sales performance, including key SaaS metrics such as ARR and NRR. Provide insights and recommendations to improve profitability, growth, and efficiency in sales models and revenue operations.
- Develop and refine financial models to support decision-making processes, scenario planning, and risk assessment. Prepare comprehensive financial reports for board meetings, presenting financial results, forecasts, and strategic planning.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Five-to-ten years of experience as a finance professional, including some time with senior financial responsibility in either the startup/technology sector or the clean energy sector.
- The experience to financially control a small company group head-quartered in the UK with operations in the Australia and the UK, and sales in Europe, and will be able to ensure sound and consistent financial practices, operational management, and compliance across the group.
- A hands-on approach to financial management and operations, ready to take on both high-level strategic planning and day-to-day financial tasks, particularly in direct support of the leader of the UK operating business.
- Strong leadership and collaborations skills, including the ability to work as part of geographically distributed leadership team, the the ability to effectively manage and support remote team members (initially an operations associate based in Australia), and the ability to manage external accounting and tax service providers in the UK and Australia.
- Advanced skills in financial modeling and planning. You should be adept at forecasting, budgeting, and creating complex financial models and reports that inform business decisions and strategies.
- Demonstrated success in high-growth and rapidly changing environments, and you have adaptability and resilience in the face of change and uncertainty.
We'd also love it if you have:
- Direct experience in managing finance and operations across different countries, and having some experience in relation to Australia would be desirable.
- Knowledge or experience in B2B SaaS businesses, including familiarity with sales models, revenue operations, and key SaaS metrics.
- Knowledge of the clean energy sector or a strong interest in sustainability and clean technology will be highly advantageous.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports for board meetings.
Alongside you CV please attach the following with your application:
- A cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
- Competitive salary package aligned with experience and skills.
- Opportunity to work in a business with flexible working arrangements.
- Opportunity to participate in employee share option plan.
- Weekly opportunities for in-person collaboration at co-working spaces and an annual whole company retreat.
- Join a high-performing, unapologetic energy and tech nerd team to tackle significant challenges.
- Engage in a high-trust distributed team environment that values innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Contribute to the decarbonisation of the world's energy system.
- Support for ongoing professional and personal development.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team at Gridcog. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, as we believe an inclusive environment and diversity of perspective leads to innovation and success.