Senior Customer Success Representative (Tasmania)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2022
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, and working with a multi-regional, high-performing customer success team, you will be responsible for building strong, enduring relationships with our customers and ensuring their long-term success with the Halter product.
Don’t be surprised if no two days look the same. You will spend most of your time building and nurturing relationships across your portfolio in Tasmania. This is a fast-paced role, and you can expect to see tangible results of the work you do.
We are looking for big thinkers who know how to get stuff done. We’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will be challenged on a daily basis. We want people that are obsessed with helping our farmers to be successful. To succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilise your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The role is well-suited to an experienced relationship manager in the dairy industry, with deep roots in Tasmania. A proven track record of driving system change with dairy farming customers is important to us.
What your day could look like
- Serving as the primary point-of-contact for Halter customers, interacting with various levels of management ranging from Owner-Operators through to Operations Managers
- Supporting the onboarding, training and implementation of the Halter system on customers' farms, ensuring all relevant farm owners, managers and workers are able to successfully use the system
- Acting as a liaison between internal teams to ensure high-priority customer needs are being met; coordinating with sales, marketing, product, support and engineering teams to escalate & analyse high-impact customer queries & data & improve the customer's use of the Halter technology.
- Strategically partnering with customers to establish clear business goals, timelines, priorities and metrics of success
- Regularly engaging with customers to drive behaviour change and maximize return on investment
- Facilitating farmer cluster groups/events to connect Halter users and encourage change
- Partnering with our sales team to identify renewal, expansion and up-sell opportunities in the post-sales cycle
- Building the lifetime value of our customers through a keen sense of timing, killer presentation skills, and the confidence to hold your ground and push back when necessary
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in relationship management/account management roles
- This role is about two things - supporting Halter’s farmers all the way through the process to make their farms more productive and efficient and building genuine and lasting relationships with farmers. These objectives are naturally intertwined and the best candidates will be motivated and excited about excelling in both areas.
- Experience in managing relationships with large and complex customers
- Strong business acumen
- Robust dairy farm systems knowledge & experience is a must-have
- Strong local area networks
- Strong dairy business literacy and working experience identifying and benchmarking key physical and financial performance indicators
- High degree of ownership and ability to thrive in a self-motivating, demanding and dynamic startup atmosphere
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to speak to large audiences
- You will need to have a good sense of humour and be able to positively contribute toward a supportive and positive environment
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly gifted team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
See more open positions at Halter
Something looks off?