(Senior) Business Development Executive (Tasmania)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2022
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role:
Farmers with Halter are pioneering a new way of dairy farming. We have unlocked the connection between farmers and their cows, and in doing so, transformed the way farmers operate. By automating cow movements and providing 24/7 cow monitoring, Halter has removed many of the barriers farmers face on a day-to-day basis. Halter farmers don’t need to get up at 4am to get the cows in, put up a fence, find sick cows, or detect heat… with Halter, they can do all of this automatically and more proactively through the Halter App. They can schedule their mobs to meet them at the dairy for milking, run as many mobs as they want, and be alerted to cows with early signs of illness. Break fencing and allocating feed used to take 20 minutes, now it takes 10 seconds and is extremely precise. Welcome to farming with Halter!
We are searching for a driven and high-performing Mid to Senior Business Development Executive to launch Halter in the Australian market. This is an opportunity to positively disrupt an industry and pioneer groundbreaking change on some of the world’s highest-performing dairy farms. You will be leading the Tasmanian expansion for one of the world’s fastest-growing companies by helping equip farms with world-first Halter technology that will transform the way they farm to become leaders in productivity and sustainability. You will be backed by a team of exceptional people on the ground in Tasmania and at Halter’s Auckland HQ, to ensure this is the best job you’ll ever have.
What your day could look like:
- Sales meetings: Understanding the needs and problems of your prospects then clearly communicating functionality, benefits and highlighting value relative to each farming operation.
- Prospecting: Building and growing a pipeline of quality farms fit for Halter, while continuously reducing sales cycle times. Managing newly sourced and inbound leads through the initial stages of the pipeline including screening and qualifying.
- Networking: Building and leveraging industry relationships to establish and maintain Halter's brand.
- Forecasting: Working with the Business Development Manager to enable monthly and quarterly forecasting of revenue.
- Growth initiatives: Working with the Business Development Manager to optimise and evolve the sales process to become faster, more efficient, and more predictable as the company scales.
Who are we looking for
- Experience at growing new business, owning the end-to-send sales cycle from lead generation to close.
- Experience in dairy farming or within the agricultural sector with a deep passion for helping farmers succeed.
- A phenomenal attitude and a team player with the ability to consistently overcome challenges.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- A hunger for success and personal growth to be able evolve quickly alongside a world class sales team.
Why our team loves working at Halter:
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic Australasian technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly talented team from diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.Importantly, we offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
See more open positions at Halter
Something looks off?