Deployment Operations Manager
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role
Halter is looking for a highly motivated Deployment Operations Manager to join the Auckland team. You will be responsible for leading the deployment operations function which involves the project managing the rollout of Halter to customer farms and improving the process for growth and scale. You will be responsible for managing, supporting and accelerating the launch team to deliver ahead of schedule.
You’ll be working with a team of passionate, motivated and intelligent people who are experienced at pushing hard as one team towards our targets. You will collaborate closely with many teams across Halter, including Customer Success and Business Development. Each of these teams are comprised of exceptional people who are eager to beat goals and move forward: the attitude of Halter as a whole.
Your high-level technical understanding of project management will enable you to clinically prioritise and identify risks and resolve issues. A culture of ownership and context means this role will have a huge opportunity to make a permanent impact on our mission. We're looking for someone with exceptional communication skills and the ability to actively drive outcomes.
You will have excellent problem-solving skills and judgement, you’ll be proactive, optimistic and always ready to help the wider team. You’ll be in the perfect environment to do the best work of your life.
What your day could look like
- Conduct radio modelling analysis of farms, creation of install plans and communication of install plans to customers
- Timely delivery of the install planning processes to deliver on our deployment milestones and overall deployment schedule
- Creation and iteration of efficient and scalable processes within the deployment operations function
- Communication with customers, running them through the deployment process steps and answering relevant questions in relation to the process
- Organise drone mapping for customer farms, working cross-functionally internally and externally with our drone mapping contractors
- Coordinating third-party contractor timelines, including lightwire, electricians and other service providers
- Continuously improve the broader pre-deployment process to deliver an exceptional experience for farmers
- Support the wider launch team on activities such as pre-build and provisioning to deliver on our deployment schedule
- Support Halter’s launch team on special projects for growth
- Other tasks from time to time
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in project management with proven ability to operate under pressure with rigid time constraints. Owning projects and taking full accountability for the overall project success.
- Experience in a role where you have directly lead and managed people
- Strong experience with project timeline creation and management, including relevant software.
- Experience with MS Office or GSuite required. Experience with Salesforce and Asana is a plus!
- Experience in coordinating complex cross-functional teams, improving team processes, organising priorities and goals, and leading meetings.
- Confident in making well-informed, effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to effectively execute multiple projects and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong motivation to support our mission as a company!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who will thrive in a self-motivated and demanding startup atmosphere, sometimes requiring extended hours.
- Someone who is positive, proactive and relishes a challenge.
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly gifted team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross Health Insurance to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
See more open positions at Halter
Something looks off?