Customer Insights Analyst
IT, Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role
New farmers join the Halter herd each week which enables them to transform the way they manage the health and movement of their animals. Our Go-To-Market teams are responsible for making this happen and are working to provide the best customer experience throughout this journey. In order to do that, they need exceptional reporting & insights both operationally to support tactical operations as well as trend analysis, & board-level insights.
We're looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst with strong stakeholder management skills, who can generate insights & data support for our Go-To-Market functions. This includes being responsible for data capture, maintenance and interpretation, and being involved in operational support through all Go-To-Market activities. In this role, we are looking to create quality data-driven insights and reports - used by the leadership teams and various internal stakeholders in shaping the direction and advice around Revenue, Operations & Go-to-Market initiatives. We’re looking for people who are hungry to make an impact, are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and love helping the people around them succeed.
What your day could look like
- Working with Go-To-Market stakeholders, liaising with them on prioritization, elicitation and analysis of business requirements for both operational & board levels.
- Development, maintenance and support of Tableau dashboard/reports through iterative cycles and continual reviews and improvements.
- Audit dashboards to understand who is using them, and whether they are using the right data sources and update and improve as new data becomes available.
- Build reports to help monitor and visualize data quality. Find, investigate and fix data issues, making corrections where necessary. Recommend and/or carry out programmatic solutions for data quality issues at scale.
- Support data & system changes to the relevant tools to reflect changes in systems, products, or customer requirements.
- Working as part of a cross-functional team, contributing to your teammates’ success, and encouraging collaboration and task sharing.
- And finally, as this is a start-up, you’ll be rolling up your sleeves and helping with whatever is required to succeed in our mission, knowing that the whole organization is with you doing the same
What we’re looking for
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to break down complex problems into manageable components and draw useful conclusions.
- Expertise in data manipulation to extract relevant information from large data sets and transform and / or visualise findings in a meaningful way.
- Good relationship building skills to work across the corporate and operational layers of the business.
- Highly proficient in SQL and Tableau or Power BI for data visualisation
- Knowledge of Salesforce & Revenue Operations would be ideal.
- Someone that takes responsibility for their projects and delivers complete work
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave & unlimited paid annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer a competitive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
See more open positions at Halter
Something looks off?