Marketing Automation Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
To find out more, visit our careers website, LinkedIn & Instagram.
About the role
We’re looking for an automation specialist familiar with CRM systems like Marketo and Hubspot, to help connect with customers at every stage of their journey, with the right content. You’ll be responsible for owning the integrated marketing solutions that drive growth for Halter.
What your day could look like
- Own the Marketo side of our Marketo <> Salesforce CRM, and evolve our integration of the two to ensure data and combined workflows are functioning between each platform.
- Manage monthly and quarterly reports and dashboards that measure all aspects of data quality, campaign performance, program effectiveness, pipeline performance and marketing ROI in partnership with your team.
- Build email-automation flows (and SMS) for lead nurture, onboarding, and post-purchase.
- Keep good list hygiene, compliance, and segmentation
- Undertake testing and necessary actions to ensure automation sequences are optimised for conversion and reflect the Halter brand.
- Provide ongoing insights on automation performance and customer engagement to ensure the success of Halter leads, opportunities, and customers
- Deliver improvements to usage of the CRM through automating basic everyday tasks
- Customise and pull marketing reports from the CRM
- Identify opportunities for trigger-based marketing activity such as lead nurture and win-back
- You’ll work collaboratively on the marketing team to support acquisition, nurture, and retention.
Who are we looking for
- Have ~2 years in a marketing automation/CRM role, preferably using Marketo
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a small team
- Have an understanding of how other business units/role feed into marketing
- Enjoy working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Know how to prioritize your workload effectively
- Enjoy learning, and driving your own growth
Why our team loves working at Halter
- Dedicate yourself to solving real-world problems alongside an epic team in a culture designed around growth.
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company. The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up on the global stage.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city. Did we mention dogs and cows?
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross Health Insurance to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!
Please also feel free to check out the careers and culture page for more information on working at Halter and don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
See more open positions at Halter
Something looks off?