Senior Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Marketing Manager, to help run our marketing pipeline. A strategic thinker and hands-on person, you’re comfortable speaking with customers and understanding what makes them tick, as you are investigating data, and utilising that to drive multi-channel campaigns. This is a rare opportunity to define the future of one of the world’s most innovative agritech products and brands, and be part of a fast-growing, high-performing team.
What your day could look like
- Own and drive pipeline-projects to optimize conversion through marketing channels (e.g. Website). You’ll evaluate different paths to conversion, and apply a test & learn mindset on how to support a lead through the site and drive actions.
- Be confident implementing event tracking, and have working knowledge of our systems: Marketo, CMS, Google Suite, Hotjar, SEMrush etc.
- You’ll be commercially minded, and know the different levers marketing can pull to directly drive commercial outcomes.
- Understand attribution windows to inform conversion rates of MQL > SQL > Deal
- Be able to support other team members, and build their knowledge on general marketing initiatives like direct-mail campaigns, print-media publications, and new channel expansion etc.
- You’ll be responsible for responding to questions received on our social media platforms. Using appropriate messaging, and working with the Comms Lead for any sensitive responses.
- Report on marketing metrics to drive data-informed decision-making. You’ll be responsible for direct metrics, as well as looking at other signals (halo metrics or indicators).
- Develop strong relationships, influence and collaborate effectively with leadership, key cross-functional leaders and teams across the company.
- Embrace rapid growth & curiosity: We believe that trying new methods and approaches leads to innovation, and innovation keeps us on the leading edge.
- Other responsibilities, as required, from time to time.
Who are we looking for
- 5-7 years of core marketing experience, including working directly alongside senior leadership
- Have previous experience being responsible for driving revenue and commercial outcomes
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment
- Be a marketing generalist, and have strong working knowledge across a breadth of marketing skills
- Have specialist knowledge in analytics, and building an inbound marketing engine
- Have the flexibility and mindset to adapt to changes in scope, role, and direction
- Work alongside the team and director to experiment with what world-first marketing looks like
Why our team loves working at Halter
- Dedicate yourself to solving real-world problems alongside an epic team in a culture designed around growth.
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company. The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up on the global stage.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State-of-the-art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city. Did we mention dogs and cows?
- Healthy body, healthy mind. We’re partnered with Southern Cross Health Insurance to support your well-being.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!