Customer Success Representative (Tasmania)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
We are searching for a driven and high-performing Customer Success Representative to support Halter’s launch into the Australian market. This is an opportunity to positively disrupt an industry and pioneer groundbreaking change on some of the world’s highest-performing dairy farms. You will be backed by a team of exceptional people on the ground in Tasmania and at Halter’s Auckland HQ, to ensure this is the best job you’ll ever have. Serving as the primary point-of-contact for Halter customers, you will be passionate about driving farmer success.
What your day could look like
- Deployment: Supporting the onboarding, training and implementation of the Halter system on customers' farms, ensuring all relevant farm owners, managers and workers are able to successfully use the system
- Relationship Building: Cultivate genuine and trustworthy relationships with farmers, their teams, and families, fostering strong connections and understanding.
- Farmer Success: Strategically partnering with customers to establish clear business goals, timelines, priorities and metrics of success
- Collar Management: Manage the entire collar flow in Tasmania, ensuring timely delivery, preparation, fitting, and customer satisfaction. Oversee collar storage, fleet upgrades, and on-farm spare collar maintenance, ensuring efficient and reliable inventory management.
- Problem Solving: Provide prompt and effective support to farmers and team members, addressing technical or operational challenges with expertise and efficiency.
- Community & Networking: Represent the Halter brand with pride, lead local discussion groups, and proactively build strong networks within the community for increased brand visibility and connections.
Who are we looking for?
- 1-2 years experience in the dairy industry - preferably in farmer facing roles
- A strong base understanding of dairy farming systems
- Strong time management skills
- Positive attitude and collaborative team player who excels at overcoming challenges
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Driven by a desire for success and personal growth, and eager to evolve alongside a world-class team
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology scale-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow together with an enthusiastic, and highly gifted team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- We offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 4 weeks of fully paid secondary caregiver leave and many other parental benefits that support you and your family.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels personal growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave and unlimited paid annual leave.
- We offer an inclusive and attractive remuneration package made up of salary, benefits and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!